trying to find this fairly current pop song, female artist..here's the melody line

Thread: trying to find this fairly current pop song, female artist..here's the melody line

Tags: None
  1. bluemoon74 said:

Default trying to find this fairly current pop song, female artist..here's the melody line

If you're a musician, you can help me.. Cause all I can do is offer the numbers of note intervals; don't know what key it's in.. Hope that makes sense.. It's a really pretty (girly) pop tune and she sings pretty high and then there's a part where she sings like even an octave higher.. i feel like the lyrics include 'it's like,, da da da,, da da da....' here is the melody: 13154354,455501 13154354,455578 (repeat an octave higher) I don't listen to the radio much but the songs I do here have obviously made it to the top charts.. This one is within the past 3 years i'm pretty sure... Can anyone help please??
    I looked for Natasha Bedingfield, Joanna Newsom, Lilly Allen but no luck... Who is this?? Still need to look into Cat Power but I don't think it's her.. THANKS!

2. bluemoon74 said:

the 1 to 3 is minor

3. bugmenot1 said:

I tried your note intervals and it didn't sound like any song that I know. However, based upon your over-all description of the song, I'm going to suggest this:

"1,000 Ships" by Rachel Platten
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r61LFkzKzQQ