Solved: 90s, Dream Pop Female Singer. I AM DESPERATE.

Thread: Solved: 90s, Dream Pop Female Singer. I AM DESPERATE.

Tags: dream pop 90s female
  1. ladyweenus said:

Well, no luck. I've contacted the radio station it played on, spent hours on lyrics websites, sampled hundreds of artists. I'm starting to think this song will only reappear once I have stopped wanting to find it. I almost don't even think it exists at all.
    If it helps at all-
    me and my dad used to listen to the ambient show 'Hearts of Space'. I don't think I recorded it from this show but I could be wrong.

sunshine20071988 said:

Do u have any recording of it even a small one??
  3. Asuyuka said:

Can you hum a bit of it? Or, transcribe a portion of it into ABC Notation? I'd be interested in helping, given some better clues. I have a sibling whose a huge dreampop fan, as well.
  4. pianoman74 said:

What on earth is that, "dream pop"? To me it's not very clear how this "sub-genre" is defined.

Is this something like radio-friendly pop, e. g. such as "Breathless" by the Corrs?
  5. Asuyuka said:

More like Cocteau Twins or Ice Cube, with a much more modern example, The Birthday Massacre. Very atmospheric, slow, etheric pop, a decedent of Dark Wave and Etheric Wave.
    Last edited by Asuyuka; 07-03-2012 at 06:56 PM.
  6. pianoman74 said:

Cocteau Twins? Well, now I see clearer, thanks.
  7. ladyweenus said:

Well I was originally going to try and re-create it, as I make music myself and have recording equipment, but my laptop was destroyed (by me, don't ask) and I can't at the moment. I am not adept at written music but here are the notes to the chorus, if you start on C:

CC Eflat C G(hold)
    (?) and John and (?)
    BflatBflat Dflat Bflat F(hold)
    (?) and Johnny (?)
    CC Eflat C GA(holdA)
    You and John and Jeannie(?)
    Bflat C FG(hold)
    Ride in my carrrrr
  8. ladyweenus said:

SOLVED
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCW3rAPov_4

I was way off on the lyrics. I apologize.
    Almost cried when I heard it. Funny thing is, even though I haven't heard it in ten years, it sounded exactly the same as it did in my head!

Thank you to everyone for their efforts.

atmaestro said:

Just to be clear (sometimes youtube links stop working), the song you were looking for was "You and John are Birds" by Piano Magic
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title