Annalisa - Per Te, translation into English please

Thread: Annalisa - Per Te, translation into English please

Tags: annalisa, italian to english, per te
  1. alfie1888 said:

Red face Annalisa - Per Te, translation into English please

Can someone please help me with this? Below is my attempt but I don't fully understand the meaning. If someone could correct any mistakes and then explain the lines marked with an *, that would be highly appreciated! Grazie infinite!

Lasciami stare ora che tutto fa male [Let me stay now that everything hurts]
    sento che vorrei solo sparire dentro un giorno che muore [I feel that I would like to just disappear in a dying day]
    in questo rosso che sale bacerei soltanto per ferire. [in this red that rises, I would kiss only to wound]
    Lascerò amare solo chi mi può dare quello che non sarà mai banale [I would let love only those who can give me that which would never be dull]
    e questa mia convinzione ha cancellato il dolore [and this belief of mine has got rid of my pain]
    polvere sulle mie scarpe nuove. [dust on my new shoes]*

Tutto è più limpido e tutti sorridono [Everything is clearer and everyone is smiling]
    forse lo sanno che la tua felicità ha liberato la mia [perhaps they know that your happiness has liberated mine]
    tutto l'amore che io canto adesso è per te. [all the love that I sing about now is for you]

Lasciati andare via da un fuoco che accende [Allow yourself to move away from a lighting fire]*
    solo chi vive nell'errore di un sorriso incolore che [only those who live for their mistakes with a colourless smile that]*
    reduce [ridurre] l'amore in polvere sto per soffiare. [reduces love to dust I’m about to blow away]

Tutto è più limpido e tutti sorridono
    forse lo sanno che la tua felicità ha liberato la mia
    (ha disegnato la mia). [it has shaped mine]

Ligeia said:

Lasciami stare ora che tutto fa male [Leave me alone/leave me be, now that everything hurts]

forse lo sanno che la tua felicità ha liberato la mia [perhaps they know that your happiness has freed mine]

Lasciati andare via da un fuoco che accende [Allow yourself to move away from a fire that illuminates/turns on]
    solo chi vive nell'errore di un sorriso incolore che [only those who live in the mistake of a colourless smile that]
    reduce [ridurre] l'amore in polvere sto per soffiare. [reduces love to dust I’m about to blow (the dust off)]
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"