Shakila..Navaei

Thread: Shakila..Navaei

Tags: None
  1. muthaphuka said:

Default Shakila..Navaei

salaaam

im new here. but ive been reading through this thread, thankyou for ur great work!!!

i loved this song from my childhood

shakila - navaiee

could someone do a translation of it ?

teshakormikoonam

2. shahzadeh said:

Default Shakila..Navaei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WYseoa24c

pinglish,,,and...persian...please

afsaneh said:

Default Shakila - Navayi

...:::Song : Nahan khane ye del (Navayi)
    ...:::A folkloric song of Torbat Jam (north east of Iran)
    ...:::Poet: Tabib Esfahani
    ...:::This song was originally sung by Gholam Ali Poor Atayi (he played the Dotar too)
    ...::: Dastgah: Shur

Navaayi, navaayi, navaayi, navaayi ------------------------a melody, a melody, a melody, a melody
    Hame baavafaayand, to gol bivafaayi --------------------- everybody is faithful, you are an unfaithful flower

Ghamat dar nahaankhaaneye del neshinad ------------- your sorrow sits in the treasury of the heart
    Be naazi ke leyli be mahmel neshinad ------------------- in the coquetry that Leyli* sits on the litter (conveyance on the camel)

Be donbaale mahmel saboktar ghadam zan ------------- walk more gently after the litter
    Mabaadaa ghobaari be mahmel neshinad --------------- so that dust would not sit on the litter

Maranjaan delam raa ke in morghe vahshi ------------- do not bother my heart because this wild bird
    Ze baami ke barkhaaste moshkel neshinad ------------- would sit with trouble from the roof that it flied away

Benaazam be bazme mohabbat ke aanjaa -------------- I like the kind gathering where
    Gedaayi be shaahi moghaabel neshinad ---------------- a beggar would sit in front of the king

Be paa gar khelad khaari aasan bar aayad ------------- if a thorn goes to the foot, it easily can be taken out
    Che saazam be khaari ke bar del neshinad ------------ what can I do with the thorn that goes to my heart

Be donbaale mahmel chenaan zaar geryam------------- I will cry so desperately after the litter
    Ke az gerye'am naaghe dar gel neshinad ---------------- that from my tears the camel would sit in mud

Khoshaa kaarevaani ke shab raah tey kard -------------------- good for the caravan that traversed the road at night
    Dame sobhe avval be manzel neshinad ------------------------ and would reach home at the dawn of the first day

Elaahi bar oftad neshaane jodaayi ------------------- may God take the symptoms of separation
    Javaani bogzarad to ghadrash nadaani ----------- youth is wasted and you do not know its worth

*the woman character of "Leyli and Majnoun" a story of Arabian origin which was later written in verse by famous Iranian poet Nezami-e Ganjavi in his masterpiece "Layli o Majnun"
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare