Honesty

Thread: Honesty

Tags: doug denslowe song, honesty, poems, rock&roll, song lyrics

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    I take /took this advice to my heart myself, though I do not want to "spoil my own style" your words do often lead to a better outcome
    which is only a very positive thing on these threads; Being openminded is so utterly important to develop as a writer of good lyrics.
    THANKS FOR EVERY BIT YOU HAVE DONE SO FAR, FLOWER BRO!
    You're so Welcome!I try to give as much positive feedback as I can.I think people have gotten to know that I only want the best for them and their song.When I give a suggestion,like on your fantastic new song "Dance Under A Metal Moon" I do it with the hopes that it (the suggestion)will help to improve the Lyric.If the author disagrees,cool.I tried my best!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 02-08-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Correcting Amaryn's song title.

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Hmm, good. Sure the 'Honesty' has to be pulled that long because this brand of Honesty stretches the truth too far

...or stretches too far from the truth

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    Hmm, good. Sure the 'Honesty' has to be pulled that long because this brand of Honesty stretches the truth too far

...or stretches too far from the truth
    Thanks Cat.Now,you got a translator for the above message?

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Okay,I'm up at 4:41in the morning,so I want to tell you how this Really goes,when I sing it.

Your web was spun
    You knew I'd fall
    No hesitation
    I gave my all

Then you started
    To lead me on
    I mis judged you
    We don't belong

What first attracted
    You to me
    Was your honesty
    Your honesty

Your hooooooooonnnnnnnneeeeeeeesssssssssttttttttttttttt eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Your hhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeeesssssssttt ttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Never the truth
    Why always lie
    Just to laugh at me
    To see me cry

I once believed
    That you were it
    Not a lying cheat
    A hypocrite

What first attracted
    You to me
    Was your honesty
    Your honesty

Your hhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeessssssssst tttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Your hhhhhhhhhhoooooooooonnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeessssssssss stttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Etc.

When I post my Song Lyrics,I don't always say exactly how it's supposeto be sung,
    Sometimes I leave out the Chorus,sometimes I leave out the arrangement
    I give folks enough to see the work,but I have hopes of someday recording,
    So,I don't give everything away!

Again,your critique is one of the best I've read,keep on giving them!

That would suffice as a translator.

Doug Denslowe said:

Now I gets it!thaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkk yyyyyyyyoooooooouuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

smoothtung said:

This was sweet man I really like this when read it aloud. Subtle emotion, but alot of it.. that's hard to do.

7. Malay_razor said:

You know Doug. You continue to amaze me! I loved the fact that you kept it simple and yet said so many things with this one. Keep up the good work!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Malay_razor View Post
    You know Doug. You continue to amaze me! I loved the fact that you kept it simple and yet said so many things with this one. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks,Razor!This has had a long shelf life on ATL.I'm glad it appealed to so many folks.If I record it,I'll let you know.It sings way better than the "bare bones" lyrics would lead you to believe.(I tried to explain it in one of the earlier Comments)Thanks again,I do appreciate the kind words.

9. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Saybers Lyricals View Post
    Can i use this if i reference you, i have a song instrumental that i think would fit it perfectly
    Hi Saybers Lyricals, Good for you, but please, if you make a song with these lyrics, please let us know where to find the video or audio to listen to it. Thanks in advance.

10. LooknGlass said:

Good stuff Doug! I have met a woman like that in my past as well. I especially like the last verse. It seems women (a lot of them) always go for the players and keep the nice guys as friends and then when they get their heart broke, they say all guys are the same. We men know that women can be players and dishonest too. Good job on this man.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by mexico62 View Post
    Hi Saybers Lyricals, Good for you, but please, if you make a song with these lyrics, please let us know where to find the video or audio to listen to it. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for the support,my friend.Saybers Lyricals wrote that in June of last year.He got in touch with me saying that he reregistered at ATL under a different name and he hadn't had "the time"to put Honesty to music.I haven't heard a word since.

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,
    This one is HOT..it's POPPIN!! One of your best...honest (excuse the pun) lyrics, heartfelt rhymes...l love it!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    Doug,
    This one is HOT..it's POPPIN!! One of your best...honest (excuse the pun) lyrics, heartfelt rhymes...l love it!
    Thanks Jessie!It's got a lot of real deep seeded feelings throughout.Glad you liked it!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

This is great! I can imagine writing something similar to be honest!
    ~Kerri Faye

Doug Denslowe said:

Maybe we should try to write one together.........someday in the future!

Kerri Faye Yates said:

That would be fantastic!
    ~Kerri Faye