dont want you anymore

Thread: dont want you anymore

Tags: None
  1. stillwondering said:

Default dont want you anymore

been trying to identify this song for years, maybe since 2006, the lyrics are close to this:
    I have the mp3 but would love to identify the artist, any idea who this could be?

Don't Want You Anymore

That look that's in your eyes, you see, it comes as no surprise to me - you feel like you been hanging round too long. On you I'd never place a bet, the one thing that I'll never get is why you think I'd ever do you wrong. But I could hardly blame you if you're bailing out on me, I'll never be your saving grace, I'm just a colony. But if the only kiss I get tonight is from my cigarette, I might just tell you I don't want you anymore.

I'm looking so absurd, hanging from your every word & following behind you every step you take. But me you never owed a dime, so go on, hit the road this time and find yourself another heart to break. Cuz I dont really need you to be messing me around, you push me left & shove me right & kick me when I'm down. And I'm tired of feeling low while getting high all afternoon, hell, it's a pretty shitty substitute for you.

Yeah, I can't even count the times you've left me in the cold, and I'm sick of your excuses, they sure are getting old. So if you want to be free, then hey, it's all the same to me and it's alright, I dont want you anymore. Hey, it's alright, cuz I don't want you anymore.

2. Jemma_E said:

I don't know the song, but have you tried right-clicking the MP3, selecting properties then going to the summary tab and clicking on 'Advanced'. Usually the artist is somewhere in there.

3. stillwondering said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jemma_E View Post
    I don't know the song, but have you tried right-clicking the MP3, selecting properties then going to the summary tab and clicking on 'Advanced'. Usually the artist is somewhere in there.
    thanks, Jemma, but there is no information there, nada - except that it was recorded at 96bps...

I have played it to shazam and tried other song ID services with no luck. It's a good song - more upbeat sounding than one might expect from the lyrics. I guess it would be frowned upon to put it on YouTube or somewhere, right?

4. stillwondering said:

Default listen to an excerpt

There is a brief sample here (no download required)

http://www.watzatsong.com/en/name-that-tune/344893.html

5. stillwondering said:

Anyone? No?

6. stillwondering said:

Default still trying...

easier to read like this:

That look that's in your eyes, you see,
    it comes as no surprise to me -
    you feel like you been hanging 'round too long.

On you I'd never place a bet,
    the one thing that I'll never get
    is why you think I'd ever do you wrong.

But I could hardly blame you if you're bailing out on me,
    I'll never be your saving grace, I'm just a colony.
    But if the only kiss I get tonight is from my cigarette, I might just tell you I don't want you anymore.

I'm looking so absurd,
    hanging from your every word
    & following behind you every step you take.

But me you never owed a dime,
    so go on, hit the road this time
    and find yourself another heart to break.

Cuz I don't really need you to be messing me around,
    you push me left & shove me right & kick me when I'm down.
    And I'm tired of feeling low while getting high all afternoon, hell, it's a pretty shitty substitute for you.

Yeah, I can't even count the times you've left me in the cold,
    and I'm sick of your excuses, they sure are getting old.
    So if you want to be free,
    then hey, it's all the same to me
    and it's alright, I dont want you anymore.

Hey, it's alright, cuz I don't want you anymore.