First post for an old 90's song

Thread: First post for an old 90's song

Tags: 90's, alternative
  1. bloodysmack said:

Default First post for an old 90's song

Hello all. I just joined this sight and have a hard question for you. There was this magazine in the 90's called music now or cd now or something like that, im not really sure it was along time ago. It would come with a cd with some random songs from random genres but had mostly alternative on it. I had a few of the cds i got from a friend. On one cd i remember i liked a couple of the songs alot and i managed to find one of them it was "Pure morning" buy "Placebo" and i remember one of the other songs was called "Bricklayer". The only other thing i can remember is that the cds were numbered like music now cd1 and music now cd 12. Still not sure if i even got the magazine name right though. What i am looking for is the song lists for the cds themselves, or any info on the "Bricklayer song" i know its a long shot but any info would help and be much appreciated.

atmaestro said:

Try "The Bricklayer's Song" by Corries
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. bloodysmack said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    Try "The Bricklayer's Song" by Corries
    No that was not it, i could not find any reference to the song, magazine or cd anywhere on the internet yet and I have bin looking for a while now.

4. Claybricks said:

5. bloodysmack said:

Quote Originally Posted by Claybricks View Post
    sorry, not it.

i did find another song i remember off the cds though it was "Happy" buy "Misery loves CO." like i said though my memory is so vague on the names and dates that i will prolly never find the cds they were on. i though i found them yesterday on wiki it was called "Now that's what i call music" but i could not find any of the songs that i know where on the cds. if i could figure out what the magazine was called i might be able to get the song lists from the cds but as of right now i cant find anything.

6. stillwondering said:

i found this list of CDs that Pure Morning has been on

http://www.allmusic.com/song/pure-morning-mt0001631555

Is yours there?

7. stillwondering said:

Or you could also look here

http://www.discogs.com/search?q=mise...&btn=&type=all

I tried searching for Happy by Misery loves co, (shorter list than for Pure Morning) but it doesnt show up with anything from Placebo, oh well.

8. talleyb said:

I think it might possibly be called 'Bricklayer's Song', but the one I'm thinking of is not by Corries. It was put out on a UK label back in 1986, by Clem Dane. Hope that helps. Also, I just checked on Amazon.com for Placebo's 'Pure Morning'. It's available for mp3 download.

9. bloodysmack said:

i already bought the placebo cd and i found the misery loves co. cd. Stillwondering i think you may have gotten me a little closer. the cd collection called Now! might be the one im lookin for i have ben serchin the net for a little while now trying to get the track list for those cds but have yet to find anymore then the one "Now! Story '98-'99" that cd was released in 2008. Talleyb, i did a search for "bricklayer" buy clem dane to try to find a sample or lyrics and could not find anything so far. Ty all who replied so far. im going to keep on searching.

sunshine20071988 said:

huH, RayGun, Lollipop magazine, all came with CDs in the 90's also a couple other options would be magnet,option, and alternative press hope this helps

11. bloodysmack said:

sunshine20071988, You are a god among ants. It was the huh cd collection. i looked the name up on amazon and remembered one of the cases to the cd that i used to have. unfortunately most of the song lists on amazon are not complete so i have not found that 1 song but i found a couple others that i have forgotten about. i am going to keep on looking for the song lists for the collection because i know there are other good songs on them that i would like to get.

12. bloodysmack said:

finally found it, well the live version on youtube. it is "Brickstretcher" buy Hayride.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=el95gKpQLwY

had the name wrong , but i just bought the cd on amazon for $2.99.

also here is the link where i found almost all the song lists

http://rateyourmusic.com/various_artists/huH/

i found a bunch of old songs i forgot about ever even hearing.
    Last edited by bloodysmack; 06-30-2012 at 09:33 AM.