Beaten child

Thread: Beaten child

Tags: None
  1. Beatenone said:

Default Beaten child

Once there was a boy felt no joy lived in this world filling destroyed beaten with a belt, beaten with a pan, even beaten with the cord of a fan Daydreaming about a gun instead of gum Now this boy is eleven beggin for heaven to take him from this life not knowing in a few years he will meet his wife this wife will show him love to bad he shoved himself into a glove to hid from love kinda a sad story for a boy beaten so gory someone please tell him he will have a boy named cory he can relearn love he can come from that glove have a life without the pain show this child hes not to blame Why would you beat this boy leave the belt use the pan to cook his ham leave the cord on the fan show this boy he can be loved. Take the gun give him gum tell him everyday he not alone he can be loved give him a hug walk him down the stairs not threw the wall dont give him lumps dont hide his bumps show him love hide that glove he needs love just because your annoyed dont destroy give him a toy take him to the park build an arc so he can go to church have some faith no reason to hate bait his hook teach him to look close this book as for the crook you will never see heaven see this boy age past eleven let him find love buy him a dove so he can learn to fly away give him some time he will have a fiancée she show him love hold him tight give him a kiss goodnight never have to fight he just might have a good life

Doug Denslowe said:

Great poem!Hard to read in this form,but sometimes it takes work to get to the "good stuff"!Hope you get some feedback,but it doesn't happen to often on this site!

Frankie Jasmine said:

From one beaten one to Beatenone,

My heart has a long, slow ache now . . . this is not just a song, to me it's an autobiography. So much expressed in so few words, and done so well.
    It makes me want to share my story, but that's not what this is about. It's about you writing poetry or a song . . . letting out the poison in a way to reach others whether of the same experience or not. You did a very good job.

I'd give you gum.
    I'd heal your wounds.
    Blow on your burns and
    take my turn givin' the
    eleven year old boy
    hugs,

Thanks,

Frankie