But nothing they did could stop their descend
    Into the boundless pit that no one can comprehend
    But one day the void of darkness was set aside
    And the evil one was punished for his pride

Locked up for a thousand years in an inescapable void
    A millennial rein on a heavenly Earth at last enjoyed
    The desolates of the Earth had finally been refilled
    And the answer to my longing question had finally been fulfilled
    Last edited by Johnb31; 01-26-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Wow,I like it!Now,got anything Dark?

Johnb31 said:

Its about the end of the world and lol.

Doug Denslowe said:

Ah,I got that.Now give me something Dark!

Johnb31 said:

Got to work one when I get some time. Its going to be dripping with darkness.

Doug Denslowe said:

Can't wait!

Johnb31 said:

This poem is part of a series of poems and is the last of the following.... The pain, The Penitent, The Harbinger, The Inception and finally The Desolates. Read in this order so that you can gain the full experience. Hope you enjoy reading and let me know if you crave more or if something should be changed or added.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Johnb31: Excellent ending! At at last we get to the truth. Evil will not/cannot conquer good. The One Great God can never be overtaken by Satan (Satan who, afterall, toward the beginning was one of His angelic creations--the first One to fall!)!

Again, your poetry is great! As for me, I will not ask for more dark stuff of this particular nature. This is quite an insightful, creative set of poems, telling a fantasy which some may fear is reality. (Afterall, is not the world in the clutches of Satan already according to the scriptures; plus we need only turn on the TV news, the computer, or read the paper to see the extent of evil influences--which, by the way, will not be tolerated for much longer!)

Anyway, your series of creative poems is very good. Your writing is good. Your rhyming/poetry is good! What can I say? You are a natural. What story will you tell next? Or what wonderful expression of the English language will you delight us with? You are an artist who paints word stories.

Thank you for sharing your works. Really, you are fantastically gifted. Continue to use your gift well!!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 03-13-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Johnb31 said:

I am so glad someone was able to see the message behind these poems despite all the darkness, pain and evil we can still prevail, but only through Christ as or savior. These poems were inspired by the Bible book of Revelation my hope is that people will read this as something that is figurative, but indeed the truth, all these things mentioned in my poems have or are occurring at this very time maybe not in the physical sense, but within our minds. The Desolates lies within us it is the emptiness within man and the silent echo is the sound of pain or evil that echoes within it. So when Christ is found within ones "Desolates" the darkness is cast out and light prevails. So this series is more about what lies within rather than it is in the world its self, but it can be taken either way just depends on how you look at it.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

10. mexico62 said:

Hi Johnb31, I like the way you worked on this series, and how you left the reader a chance to apply his own point of view. About the creative nature of this series I think that itīs so artistic and wonderfully explained, Thank you and continue ahead, we enjoy a lot your inspiration.

Johnb31 said:

Wooohooo!!!!! The Desolates is getting published I won a spot in some poetry book.

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    Wooohooo!!!!! The Desolates is getting published I won a spot in some poetry book.

John! That's excellent! Congrats. It's the dream of all of us, to get things published, though we don't cry if they never will

Best of luck!

Doug Denslowe said:

Still on the Top 10 after seven months!Congratulations!

amaryn said:

I am also glad that your conclusion is not necessarily a pessimistic one. However, looking around on our globe it needs an overdose of
    positive thinking before we make it, as Frankie mentions, to the end we all hope for: not tolerating the works of satan any longer!

Johnb31 said:

The ending is actually the Redemption poem.