SOLVED: help identify song, "la la la la la la" [dreamy, several young male vocals]

Thread: SOLVED: help identify song, "la la la la la la" [dreamy, several young male vocals]

Tags: None
  1. poptropika said:

Default SOLVED: help identify song, "la la la la la la" [dreamy, several young male vocals]

Hi there.
    As you expected I'm trying to find/identify an elusive song. Actually it is a haunting song which was played to me in a dream last night. I recognized it right away. The chorus was a relaxing, peaceful, dreamy/sleepy type of chorus, “La la la la la la la” it made up of two or more young male vocals. They repeat the chorus twice (at least) but after a short 5 second pause with the beat continuing through. The main body of the song is a little more upbeat. I believe it is a song from the 70s or 80s, though I could be mistaken. It is close to Simon and Garfunfel's "The Boxer" chorus but not with the " lye lye lye lye..." I thought it could be Neil Diamond or the Beetles... I know it's not much to go on but I think we all know what it is like to have a situation like this. thanks

2. bugmenot1 said:

Maybe this song:

"A Horse With No Name" by America
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSAJ0l4OBHM

3. poptropika said:

Sorry that's not the right one. Close though.
    Last edited by poptropika; 06-28-2012 at 09:47 PM.

4. poptropika said:

If I had to compare the "la la la" of both songs I would express them this way:

Time...................................(------------------7 sec------------------------------)......................(------------------7 sec-----------------------------)
    Horse with no Name..........La..La...(La-La-La-La)....(La-La-La)....La....La.......................La..La...(La-La-La-La)....(La-La-La)....La....La

Time.................................(--------3 sec--------)........................(---------3 sec------)
    Unknown..........................Laaaaaaaaaaaaah.. ......................Laaaaaaaaaaaaah

O well, the search goes on.
    Last edited by poptropika; 06-28-2012 at 09:46 PM.

5. poptropika said:

I found an old recording of this tune which I hummed just shortly after the dream and it is definately no Ventura highway...
    im a victim of false memory syndrome.

But seriously, to me it does sound like the voices from the band America but I can't figure it out.... I'll try and describe it once more. <sigh>

The main song is quick and upbeat... da-da-da-da,da-da-da ----- da-da,da-da-da-da-da-da (and then) aaa Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Laaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sounds like the guys are driving down the highway with an open window...carefree and uninhibited... sleepy and dreamy (like the band America)
    Last edited by poptropika; 09-17-2013 at 02:41 PM.

ShiShi said:

ShiShi said:

maybe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ytQi2bZ54E (blur - for tomorrow)?

8. poptropika said:

Just wanted everyone to know that tonight while i was lying in bed listening to coast, that I absolutely found the name of the song which I have been looking for since June 2012, it was played to me in a dream... someone thought it was horse with no name... good guess but it wasn't it. It is "(Don't fear) the reaper) by Blue Oyster Cult, 1976. It seems like the song had a purpose after all... Thanks for helping me. it was that la la la la..... which caught my attention. Well, my purpose for signing up on here is finished. Goodbye all! And don't fear death. Prepare for it with confession.

atmaestro said:

Glad you found it!
    ("Never give up, never surrender")
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title