The pale moonlight

Down.....in sunny Mexico

Maybe find
    Someone to love
    No one knows
    Cept God above

Down,down,down.....in sunny Mexico

Dedicated to mexico62 and Frankie Jasmine
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-01-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

This is the first song dedication I've ever received of an ORIGINAL song!! Thanks, Doug. So nice of you. I'm flattered and appreciative!!
    I love the sunny climes!

3. mexico62 said:

Thank you Doug, this is a very warmth song, really makes me feel as if I was in Cancún or Acapulco,
    these lyrics could be for an easy and faster rhythm, that makes us dance happy
    while we have the sunny breeze in our faces. Good job. Gracias y saludos amigo

amaryn said:

You're a dreamer- and a good one! The difference between us is that you live in a place you love and would really go on a visit, whereas I
    see this as my workplace, but am outrageously happy when travelling elsewhere- given it's warm there

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks for digging this up for the people who haven't yet viewed it.This has one of,if not my favorite lines I've ever written;
    The sun sets
    Golden- orange red
    Rainbow colors dance
    Through your head

You can't get any more psychedelic than that!I want Rainbow Colors dancing through my head,any ole time!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 11-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

In Sunny Mexico just hits the spot tonight! I had failed to remark how DD to-the-point and colorful it is, beckoning to go to where it's warmer. Since our sunny, warm temps are going to plummet over the weekend, I REALLY NEED THIS SONG!!! Thank you so much for listing me as one of the recipients of this song, Doug. You couldn't have dedicated a better one for me! I love to head South and don't like the cold!

My question for tonight is: Could you please send a talented, singing troubador to my door tonight to sing this song of longing to me and my DH? I would be ever so grateful!! Or maybe, just maybe, we could have the "real thing"! The singer-songwriter himself to come serenade us! . . . You see, In Sunny Mexico really has me dreaming and longing to go!!!

Thanks for a great song, Doug. You know, I don't long for "things" very much . . . but I do long for sunshine and warm places!! Travelling . . .

amaryn said:

Ooooooh- Frankie! I came just home from a gig where people made a lot of noise and I'd rather have come STRAIGHT OVER TO YOUR DOOR and be the
    one serenading something straight from the heart

May it subsidize one day. I'd be grateful for it!

Frankie Jasmine said:

amaryn, absolutely it would be OUR PLEASURE to be personally serenaded !!

Doug Denslowe said:

Duet?!?

Frankie Jasmine said:

Why not??

amaryn said:

Doug, you mean Frankie and me singing for her hubby? Or you and me while they are enjoying themselves bathing in late autumn sunshine or in your Sunny Mexico,lol?

Doug Denslowe said:

I meant,you and I singing a duet,for them!

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I meant,you and I singing a duet,for them!
    Meeting place??

Doug Denslowe said:

Frankie's.Duh!!!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Yep. Come on over. But, hey, Doug. . . Don't walk it OK? You neither ammy!

16. RevolvingElk said:

I've had a look through a few of your posts and I've gotta say, your stuff rocks man! I'm not quite sure why, but this one in particular reminds me a lot of 'Good Morning' by The Beatles. Great work!

Johnb31 said:

I saw this one on some other sites. I like it, it puts me into a place free from all of my troubles and responsibilities.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingElk View Post
    I've had a look through a few of your posts and I've gotta say, your stuff rocks man! I'm not quite sure why, but this one in particular reminds me a lot of 'Good Morning' by The Beatles. Great work!
    Being compared to the Beatles, for any reason, is high praise. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 12-17-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    I saw this one on some other sites. I like it, it puts me into a place free from all of my troubles and responsibilities.
    Yes, I know. I've never posted this, except here, and for some reason, it's been picked up on Song Writing Sites throughout the Internet. Why? I wish I knew. Ironically I posted this on the Poetry Site. It even has Ring Tones advertised. Pretty good, considering it's never been recorded. If I ever do record this, this will be the place to hear it, first hand.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, is your name attributed to the song on other sites? If not, you may want to let someone like Mixalopoulos or an admin to know. Works on this site should be protected, I think, as original works.