SOLVED : Wurlitzer song 1980-1986 : "Baby turn off the lies" Please help :-)

Thread: SOLVED : Wurlitzer song 1980-1986 : "Baby turn off the lies" Please help :-)

Tags: None
  1. RobbyT said:

Default SOLVED : Wurlitzer song 1980-1986 : "Baby turn off the lies" Please help :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skIX34Q7r-o

Does anybody know this song?

She got me in the same old situation, you give your love to me and take it away, and then we have the same old conversation, and we go on and on like this every day, before morning coffee you come home like you're an angel in disguise, saying that you're sorry one more time, you got the devil deep in your eyes, I don't wanna feel your touch or hear you whispering sweet, baby turn off the heat, I don't wanna feel your lips and hear that you're really mine, baby turn off the lies. You're really driving me so wild, I want a lady who is mine, loving me fulltime. I'm going off and try to find, someone who really tread me kind, loving me fulltime.

Many thanks :-)

2. pianoman74 said:

Cool

Could as well be a song penned by ABBA guys Bjorn & Benny. Seriously. You could utterly imagine the two girls sing on top of the backing groove.

cbwillallen25 said:

I think more than likely this is from another Country. Another guess would be someone that was a One Hit Wonder or not even a One Hit Wonder.

Addition: I asked about this song. One person said it was familiar, and another said it sounded like Missing Persons. I don't think it's Missing Persons because of my thought, but I won't rule anything out.
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 07-21-2012 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Addition

4. pianoman74 said:

Nah! Missing Persons not a in a million years. I know their stuff quite well.

5. RobbyT said:

Thank you all for helping me. If you have any other suggestions ... :-)

6. pianoman74 said:

By the way, you can not only "turn off the LIES" but also "turn off the LIGHTS".

cbwillallen25 said:

That is a good point pianoman. I thought that too, as it does make more sense. However, the song does focus around a male describing a females' deceptions. That's why lies sounds more logical, although you can't rule out anything. This song is really worth it though, and it's very clear for an unknown song. Some songs even alter the voice of the singer. I've heard quite a few unknown songs that are male, but sound like a female in the unknown version.

cbwillallen25 said:

Bump, also I just started a listening and re-listening of this song. To me at least it sounds like they are saying "Baby turn OUT the heat" and then "Baby turn OUT the lies/lights". Not sure if it helps or anything, but wanted to bring that up.

9. pianoman74 said:

A good catch, as well. I think we can agree on the fact that the singer/band must be a non-native English speaker, since the phrasing and the overall use/arrangement of words feels a bit foreign (at least to me, I'm 'foreign' too, but at least I have a kind of sensor that activates whenever something sounds "Japanglish" or simply non-English).

cbwillallen25 said:

Bump, does anyone know anything about Fox and Crows - Lies?

http://www.discogs.com/Fox-And-Crows...elease/2274129

RobbyT brought it up about a month ago and when I asked on yahoo someone brought it up also. Not sure if it was a suggestion or the person knew it. Does anyone know of it? If so it can either end this mystery or eliminate an possibility. Thanks

11. jp12345 said:

The Fox and Crows song is much slower so that's not it: Lies

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks jp for that. This one has definitely proved quite a challenge.

13. jp12345 said:

I FOUND IT!!!

Harry Chalkitis - Same Old Situation (click 'Listen a sample' for proof)

Now I just have to figure out this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_M0zKcXadg
    Last edited by jp12345; 04-25-2013 at 08:41 PM.

cbwillallen25 said:

JP!! Thanks a great deal. You solved a huge mystery. Wow is all I can say. Great job, and as for the other song I will give it a shot.

Also, RobbyT suggested it at least 3 months ago. I only searched for it on discogs and dismissed it since the length was longer. It was today I decided to listen to the song, especially the ending and I realized that the ending didn't make sense. The saxophone part seemed like it would be longer than it was. Thanks again jp for that.

Here's a link to a sample, as jp pointed out. It should start not long after loading.

http://club80.fr/mp3/harrychalkitiss...tionsolong.mp3
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 04-25-2013 at 09:27 PM.

15. jp12345 said:

Ok. If you find anything, the original thread is here: get away forever

Did you notice the length of the "Same Old Situation" song is 4:19 on ebay and the YouTube link is 3:30? It must be cut off.

cbwillallen25 said:

Thanks, I will try my best. Yes, I noticed that. It definitely was cut off. I didn't try to think about it at the time, but the saxophone part, if you pay attention to it, seems like it was still in the process of continuing even while the audio in the youtube link was fading. It was earlier I mentioned how the song may not just be closer to 4 minutes, but may be over that. It's great though to put this to rest. Hopefully we can put this other one to rest as well.

17. jp12345 said:

Yeah, it must be a 40 second sax solo at the end since the song seems to be ending.

Believe it or not, I didn't get far enough down the comments to see the Harry Chalkitis suggestion on YouTube but some of the other commenters thought the title might be "Same Old Song/Situation". That got me looking on Discogs and guess what the first result was for "Same Old Situation"...

18. RobbyT said:

This was solved a few years ago.

It was indeed "The same old situation" from Harry Chalkitis. Just to be complete :-)

Thanks JP, CB, Pianoman, Gilaro and others.

Hope we will solve the "Whisper without fears" song soon too :-)

Bye!

SOLVED