http://youtu.be/lwAa3hHPOqU

I wish to understand this interview...

beatrice_elena2010 said:

Quote Originally Posted by celiadaniele View Post
    Hello,

I was thinking if could be possible translate this video:
    http://youtu.be/lwAa3hHPOqU

I wish to understand this interview...

if u would have read the * description * of the video u'd have seen a part of the interview translated ( or maybe the whole thing ) :

if there r parts which i missed please anyone ... add them

INTERVIEWER: Is oriental dance meant to excite or is it an art?
    NAGWA: It's an art. This dance has changed 180 degrees and it's the new dancers who have caused this change. Especially the costumes and the styles. I see things (onstage) that I would be too ashamed and embarassed to do! The costumes today are just horrible. Today there are costumes that leave 3/4 of the body naked! We are arabs after all. We have our traditions and way of presentation. These should be respected.
    This dance isn't just about shaking your waist and your ***.
    INTERVIEWER: Is there any dancer today that you like?
    NAGWA: In all honesty, No.
    INTERVIEWER: So, what do you think about Dina?
    NAGWA: Dina's overal appearance is beautiful but as far as the costumes she wears, I dislike them completely.
    INTERVIEWER: Have you told her that?
    NAGWA: Yes I've told her. I even defended her on television. Perhaps even her own sister wouldn't have defended her the way I did. (Here Nagwa means that she defended her from criticism about her costumes)
    INTERVIEWER: And what did she say when you told her that?
    NAGWA: She said to me, I'm free. She also said, God will be my judge. Dina rejects any opinions.
    INTERVIEWER: Doesn't she regard you as a dance instructor?
    NAGWA: She regards herself as the first and foremost dance star now.
    (Then Nagwa adds in sort of mocking manner) "She is younger than our generation and she's educated and she can improve egyptian style dance" (But it's clear from Nagwa's tone that she feels that Dina has done just the opposite)
    INTERVIEWER: What do you think of Dina's dancing?
    NAGWA; When she's onstage I like her. Her presentation is not bad because she was in this show troupe. She incorporates some of these "show" steps. It is not ugly but it doesn't really capture my attention either.
    (hidden meaning, "She doesn't blow me away*)
    INTERVIEWER: What's Dina's ranking as a dancer today in Egypt?
    NAGWA: There are no other Egyptian dancers besides her right now. There are alot of other foreign dancers, Russian, Brazilians.
    INTERVIEWER: So, "What's the story of the phenomenon of foreign dancers taking on Raqs Sharqi?
    NAGWA: They take the dance very seriously. But unfortunately, they must be contained, the syndicate must crack down on them to wear different costumes, because they just imitate Dina, they imitate everything else they see. They don't know anything. They are foreigners.
    I never got any {bad} comments about my costumes either in Egypt or abroad.
    INTERVIEWER: What do you think about the sexual events that happend right smack in the middle of Cairo?
    (Here he is referring to the sexual assaults that some women in Cairo suffered immediately after a public performace of Dina's)
    NAGWA: I think they blamed Dina because they always love to attack famous artists
    INTERVIEWER: Is there a difference between how people view this dance today as opposed to how they viewed it in the past?
    NAGWA: Yes, today not many people are interested in watching it anymore.
    INTERVIEWER: What's the difference between this dance in Egypt and in Lebanon?
    NAGWA: In Lebanon they imitate Egyptians.
    INTERVIEWER: What dancer made you really enjoy watching this dance?
    NAGWA: Naima Akef. I used to escape from school to go to the movies and watch Naima Akef dance in films.
    INTEVIEWER: Who else besides Naima?
    NAGWA: Also Zeinat Alwi. Zeinat Alwi had very much feeling in her dancing. There was also another dancer who was overweight but had quite alot of flexibility and that was Nabaweya Moustafa. (here nagwa laughs a bit and says) When I see how much flexibility Nabaweya Moustafa had when she danced, I feel like my waist is going to break!
    INTERVIEWER: Its strange Nagwa that you have not mentioned Taheya Carioca nor Samia Gamal. Is it because there was a rivalry amongst you?
    NAGWA: No, not at all. Samia was my friend. And I knew Taheya but we were not close friends. Taheya invited me to dinner at her home and I noticed that she had many many books, that she was educated and she read alot.
    INTERVIEWER: Is this dance a shameful thing?
    NAGWA: No. Never. In our celebrations and parties and weddings we always dance.
    INTERVIEWER: You've danced in front of Kings and Presidents and important people. Is there a difference in the way you dance in front of these people and the way you dance in front of ordinary people?
    NAGWA: Not at all. My dancing is the same whether I dance in front of important people or ordinary people
    * You refuse to notice the disgusting state of the world in which you live. You close yourself off rather than facing the reality that you are all animals pretending to be something more . *

Gazelle said:

I also love Naima Akef.. Man, she's just amazing! <3