Gasping for more,
    Each linked to the next,
    A single line of light,
    Soft like satin, silk,
    Belief, there must be depth,
    History no one knows,
    But not jerky, not clunky,
    The whole has to flow,
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

2. mexico62 said:

Hi, Katie13, I havenīt be able to read your other poems, but iīm so happy to see that you have just post more, so this is the first I read of them, It called my attention the title asking for title.Since the first lines came to my mind mercury, cause itīs a metal, liquid, like silver and flows in a thermometer. If I understood well the meaning of your poem is talking about life, universe, continuos movement, easy, soft.
    Iīm not so good in english already, but I can suggest this "LIKE MERCURY,THE UNIVERSE IS FLOWING", or something like that, maybe our friends can help us, thanks for sharing and I will try to read faster, I read slowly because I like to "taste", to feel the beauty of all the poems, but I have to work more to earn less, thanks again, bye.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quicksilver

Katie13 said:

I see what you mean about Mercury. I think Quicksilver's kind of caught my imagination, though ~ I likes. Thanks, Doug!
    Actually, Mexico62, this was meant to be about writing when I'd got a serious case of writer's block - but it can apply to lots of things, I guess. For you, it's the universe. For me, prose. For my best friend, sex. For my sister, painting.
    It's all very open and, to be cliché, in the eye of the beholder
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

5. mexico62 said:

I havenīt think about quicksilver, but itīs a good idea. thanks Doug. And you are right Katie13, this is beautiful about poetry, sometimes let you apply your own experience and make particular your point of view, is the same with some paintings. Thank you for share your poem with us.

Teshka said:

The 3rd time that i started to read this a fresh new thought came to me but I had to consult a dictionary to try and think of the right word that could convey my thought.....what this could easily mean, as i have reread it a number of times.......Ascension? :-)
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Frankie Jasmine said:

Just so anyone reading will know: mercury = quicksilver.

Great title for a great poem. I like your open-ended concept, because it can apply as each of us wishes it to be = art!

P.S. I forgot to say, but you can see from my "Thanks" that I really like this poem!
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 08-02-2012 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Add P.S.