[Musics most Wanted!] Song Hunters: Suspect #03

Thread: [Musics most Wanted!] Song Hunters: Suspect #03

Tags: None
  1. poptropika said:

Default [Musics most Wanted!] Song Hunters: Suspect #03

Say I have no idea what a thread is or what a message is. I am totally confused... I hope this post below gets read...

Heard a in-store broadcasting song some time ago. She's got a beautiful sweet voice - very feminine - ... I don't know if this is the chorus, but she says in a virginally bashful tone, "Now I'm ready... [goes up a key] Now I'm ready.." - has an almost teasing honeymoon feeling to it.

Any suggestions appreciated. I'll buy anyone you a virtual beer or starbucks that discovers it.
    Last edited by poptropika; 08-02-2012 at 11:20 PM.
  2. poptropika said:

Default Found it myself...!!!!

I nailed it again. Mandy Moore, Extraordinary (2007).

Have to say this .. but this song, well perhaps just the lyrics, "Now I'm ready" when I heard it, the first thing I felt in my heart was this was like a new bride saying to her husband, "Here I am... Come and get me! [I'm waiting for you] with a little bit of a tease in there." That voice and lyrics is just so characteristically feminine and sweet.... a true contrast to something like, "Learning the Hard way" (2006, Gin Blossoms) - a playful rough and tumble boys will be boys song...

Please allow me to ramble on just a bit more. But many a time I mis-hear songs and when I finally find out the lyrcis I feel disappointed. Example, Collide, by Howie Day. When I first heard it I thought it went, "You and I tonight...dah dah dah.." For me that was the THE MOST beautiful honeymoon song that anyone could have thought up... [husband and wife swaying back and forth together in each others arms] but then I found out the song's name and the lyrics... oh well. it's his song... but if I could have persuaded Howie I would have urged him to make it into a love song...

cbwillallen25 said:

Nice job with that. Also don't worry about it one bit. I can definitely relate to mishearing songs. I had a few clues that drove people down a dead end. One example is a song I thought sounded like a female singing things like "bee......bada bow bee" when really it was Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head. It happens, and really all you can do is shake your head at yourself and possibly have a good laugh.