Lambs to the slaughter, my dreams,
    Were killed, month by month.
    Escape. Adventure. Love.
    Travel. Romance. Life.
    To learn. To save. To conquer.
    Less than a year, all gone.
    What do I get?

Her screams.

This was written in a column, so the ends of lines matched up neatly with the one before. It doesn't quite work on here!! :/
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

Frankie Jasmine said:

Whoa, Katie. Very powerful. Very real. Almost scary to me; yes. I love the "design" of your poem, with the rhyming line inside (internally placed); and that the rhymes are so very good and unexpected. You are a poet. Not doubt. May I ask: Is English your first language? Because this poem is superb, and, as mentioned, powerful, skillfully executed, and impactful. I don't know how an English-as-a-second language person could do it unless they're genius. Even with English as first-language . . . may be genius!

Katie13 said:

Aw, thanks, Frankie!! I try
    Yes, English is my first and basically my only language - I'm definitely not a genius (according to the IQ test my friends made me take, anyway!). I'm glad you liked it. Apologies for it being "almost scary", but that was kinda the point
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

4. mexico62 said:

Any talent is a jewel that anybody should try to increase or exercise, you have a gift from Gog in writting, and hope that you keep your good work and thanks for sharing with us.

Katie13 said:

I think of being able to write fluently as less of a gift from God than something I had to work hard to learn and the ability to emotionally communicate through words is just inherited through my genes from my family *waves atheism flag* But I appreciate the sentiment