Me Me Mine

Thread: Me Me Mine

Tags: doug denslowe song

Doug Denslowe said:

Cool Me Me Mine

Me Me Mine was originally titled "Mimi Mine".
    I came to see you
    For advice
    Every month
    Maybe once or twice

When my eyes met yours
    They were always there
    Couldn't resist
    I thought you cared

I love your eyes
    Your crooked smile
    For your kisses
    I'd walk a mile

You helped me out
    My life got better
    Being with you
    Was such a pleasure
    Every moment
    I'll always treasure
    Could feelings this good
    Go on forever

We got close
    Discussed your life
    I got jealous
    Your someone's wife!
    I had no right
    That's plain to see
    Then you told me
    You'd soon be free

I love your eyes
    Your crooked smile
    For your kisses
    I'd walk a mile

You helped me out
    My life got better
    Being with you was
    Such a pleasure
    Every moment
    I'll always treasure
    Could feelings this good
    Go on forever

Maybe we could
    Have had it all
    We'll never know
    Too close to call

I really tried
    Gave my best shot
    Now you're gone
    I'm forgot

Written 2000
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-28-2014 at 04:55 PM.

2. Zakynthos said:

I like it a lot. Is it possible to send me the audio?

Doug Denslowe said:

Sorry Zak,the only recording of any of my songs are on crummy casettes.This song I don't even know if I have a audio recording.It would consist of me(singing) and a guitar player.Sadly,the people I used to play with only want to play their own original songs.if I ever do record again or dig up some old stuff and put it on disk,I'll let you know.Thanks for the interest.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug, I like the song. It tells a sad story quite poignantly. There's no need for "critique." It stands strongly on its own, as is. Truth has a way of doing that. Thank you for sharing it. I am as touched by it as by any of your other songs . . . perhaps moreso.

5. mexico62 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Sorry Zak,the only recording of any of my songs are on crummy casettes.This song I don't even know if I have a audio recording.It would consist of me(singing) and a guitar player.Sadly,the people I used to play with only want to play their own original songs.if I ever do record again or dig up some old stuff and put it on disk,I'll let you know.Thanks for the interest.
    Hi Doug, I miss you in poetry forum, fortunately I find you here again. I must tell you, when I saw the title reminded me the Beatles song "I me mine", but your lyrics are unique, as always, and your comment about no one wants to record your songs remember me Ringo Star, when he was in the four fab no one wanted to record a song of him or Harrison, but after they make their own succesful ways, so please, continue writing and hope we can finally enjoy your original versions in some videos, keep the great work, you are a number one. and you are born to fill the world with music, God loves rhythm and movement, I know, believe me, Gracias amigo y saludos desde México.

Teshka said:

Doug i've "missed" reading these lyrics several times (sorryyy) and now must say that this has a special touch of emotion, as Frankie said and tbh my favorite part is "Could feelings this good go on forever"......and i wanna yes they can and they should bcs what is life worth without at least keeping the memories of such closeness with another soul. Very nice, i especially like this one!
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

Doug Denslowe said:

Frankie,Tess;Thank you for your kind words.mexico62,I appreciate your Comments,but the one thing you've got to remember;Ringo had the best songwriting team in history!George Harrison's songs were always standouts on Beatle records.The difference is my guitar and bass players are...........let me see how to put this.......terrible songwriters and worst singers.,I'd NEVER say this to their face,but when we were playing together,my songs always got the best response and we worked harder on my songs because I had to "sound them out"for them.Since we used to play at my house,it's easy to just leave me out.On the other hand they both live miles away and weren't as serious as me.I haven't given up,but it would probably be faster to learn guitar myself than to count on other people to start a band.Thanks for the support,I really do appreciate your kind words on this and on Walking Contridiction.

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Teshka View Post
    Doug i've "missed" reading these lyrics several times (sorryyy) and now must say that this has a special touch of emotion, as Frankie said and tbh my favorite part is "Could feelings this good go on forever"......and i wanna yes they can and they should bcs what is life worth without at least keeping the memories of such closeness with another soul. Very nice, i especially like this one!

TESS: unbearable the thought that even the maddest love affair, the deepest and most honest love stories are not guaranteed successtories;
    put plainly in front of us by Doug also this one is a reminder of fragility
    Best seems to be : enjoy as long as it lasts This way, DOUG , I can enjoy this poem of yours a lot!

Doug Denslowe said:

Amaryn,
    This relationship lasted about as long as it took you to read this song lyric.It's better to "Get it while you can!"Janis Joplin

10. KathyB said:

it has a sweetness too it.
    Kathy

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    Thanks Kathy!I'm flattered you find something about it you simply like!Or did I assume too much?!?!Thanks for Commenting on my Thread.I always read and look forward to what you have to say!

amaryn said:

Amaryn,
    This relationship lasted about as long as it took you to read this song lyric.It's better to "Get it while you can!"Janis Joplin

Oh...Janis: "maybe, maybe, maybe".......

Teshka said:

Amaryn,
    Despite what i wrote as my first reaction to this song i also agree very much with Janis
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

14. mexico62 said:

Hey Doug I don´t know if you got hurted after finished this short relationship, but there´s not pain that can´t be fixed with a bottle of tequila, keep living these adventures and writing about them. Gracias de nuevo amigo Doug.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thank you!I did feel like smacking her on the head with one!Just joking.There's not much a bottle of tequila couldn't cure!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by KathyB View Post
    KathyB: I re-read Doug's song because of your comment. I agree with you.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    KathyB: I re-read Doug's song because of your comment. I agree with you.
    Frankie,when Tess and I said the very same thing on your Thread you said you "didn't understand it"or something along those lines,now KathyB. Got you to re-read this because of that!Walking Contridiction,no?

Frankie Jasmine said:

Doug,

Hello.
    See me.
    See me with my word.
    See me tangled up in my word.
    See me struggle.
    See me hang.
    See me red.
    See me . . .
    Bye.

Just a stupid poem to express my embarrassment and entanglement in my own words, but specifically the word "sweet." You caught me in a "Walking Contradiction" indeed!

I thank you for pointing that out. Otherwise I would not have seen my own contradiction.

It is true that "sweet" when said about my own poem I PERCEIVED as ooey-gooey, sticky sweet, mushy, gushy, and all those types is overly-sweet words.

When a "kind of sweetness" was said about "Me Me Mine," I PERCEIVED it differently. The connotation was of a big, strong man expressing a heartbreak of a sort, and it was not resentful and bitter; so that it had a kind of "sweetness" to it. Applied to a big, strong male, that felt complimentary to me, not "ooey-gooey" but rather "with feeling."

You are still right, however. I perceived one meaning for me; another meaning for you. That somehow sounds contradictory and not fair. Perhaps over-sensitivity on my part re: my own poem. YOU CAUGHT ME! That's what I like--your honesty and your sharing it with me.