song on tv ad; lyrics incl. "nothing but decadence" "out of reach and out of time"

Thread: song on tv ad; lyrics incl. "nothing but decadence" "out of reach and out of time"

Tags: None
  1. gelft said:

Default song on tv ad; lyrics incl. "nothing but decadence" "out of reach and out of time"

This song is used on certain commercials for reruns of the tv show Cold Case on the Ion TV channel. I can't provide all the lyrics because the voiceover of the commercial masks some of the words. The song is sung by a male vocalist with backup singers or by a male group (not sure which), and sounds like it's from sometime between the 1980s and today. Its a rock song.

The lyrics I have are as follows:

"towards the light"
    "nothing but decadence" (could be "_____ for decadence")
    "out of reach and out of time"
    "hold on"
    "this is the one time" (could be "lifetime", "wrong time", "last time", possibly even "right time"--it's really hard to hear parts of the lyrics)
    "out of time" (could be "our time")

I know this isn't much to go on, and I've searched tons of sites and haven't been able to find anything, but I'm really dying to know what this song is.

Thanks for your help!
  2. Aaron James Zullick said:

Modern Echo - Hold On
  3. MrsRTCbaker said:

Talking I have found the song

Quote Originally Posted by gelft View Post
    This song is used on certain commercials for reruns of the tv show Cold Case on the Ion TV channel. I can't provide all the lyrics because the voiceover of the commercial masks some of the words. The song is sung by a male vocalist with backup singers or by a male group (not sure which), and sounds like it's from sometime between the 1980s and today. Its a rock song.

The lyrics I have are as follows:

"towards the light"
    "nothing but decadence" (could be "_____ for decadence")
    "out of reach and out of time"
    "hold on"
    "this is the one time" (could be "lifetime", "wrong time", "last time", possibly even "right time"--it's really hard to hear parts of the lyrics)
    "out of time" (could be "our time")

I know this isn't much to go on, and I've searched tons of sites and haven't been able to find anything, but I'm really dying to know what this song is.

Thanks for your help!
    I was wondering the sma ehint recently and have been searching around for it frantacly and someone answered on one my wikianswers post it is called
    HOLD ON by MODERN ECHO
  4. gelft said:

Aaron, Mrs.RTCbaker, that's it! Thanks so much!