[Solved]Some song from opera (used in Carmenita Lounging Mix by Claude Challe)

Thread: [Solved]Some song from opera (used in Carmenita Lounging Mix by Claude Challe)

Tags: None
  1. iostream said:

Default [Solved]Some song from opera (used in Carmenita Lounging Mix by Claude Challe)

Hi guys. Hope you can help me a bit.
    You see, there is a song called "Carmenita Lounging [Opera House remix]": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnjVBOTNJPw

This is a mix, but a friend of mine told me that the part that goes from start to 1:40 is actually from some opera, maybe some famous performance actually. I wonder if anyone can recognize what song it is, because I really want to hear the full version.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by iostream; 08-25-2012 at 06:17 AM.
  2. BlueNileFan said:

Hi, best link for credits for the song Carmenita Lounging:
    Rasa: Mello, Vol. 3 (2005) Track 6

Adam Plack as Coco de Mer

Coco de Mer album (2002)
    Track 6 Bell song from Leo Delibes' Lakmé (the aria)
    Track 2 Fire - (Georges Bizet's Carmen, Habanera lyrics recitated after the 1:40 aria)

Both the following are from Leo Delibes' Lakmé :
    Natalie Dessay - Lakmé - "Air des clochettes"
    Lakmé Duet with Lakmé and Malika (Flower Duet)

I have no link for the complete opera, the cultural money grabbers have blocked the only YouTube link in Canada at this hour...
  3. iostream said:

Thank you, this is it!
    I spent already some time listening to different versions of "Air des clochettes". Apparently the recording used in "Carmenita Lounging" and "Coco de Mer" was made specifically for those albums and there is no clean or complete version of it. Still I found a lot of other awesomeness, to it doesn't matter that much.

Thanks again, you made my day!