Solved: like "Let It Die" but on electric guitar

Thread: Solved: like "Let It Die" but on electric guitar

Tags: None
  1. simnia said:

Default Solved: like "Let It Die" but on electric guitar

Yesterday in a Del Taco in California I heard on the radio a song that sounded a lot like the Foo Fighters' "Let It Die"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NiS3uZaTA

...but it had a clean electric guitar instead of acoustic guitar, little instrumentation except guitar, sort of a sad end-of-the-world type sound, and it had a somewhat descending bass line on guitar (1 down to b7, then up to 4, I believe, probably notes d c g), and it didn't have a rock section, at least not as loud as in "Let It Die". It had a male singer, it was the same speed of "Let It Die", and it had a soft guitar-only intro. I had a very hard time hearing any lyrics over all the noise and talk of the restaurant, but the lyrics sounded like...

turn your head
    try sneaking out

Whatever those lines were, they were repeated quite a bit, so that was probably the chorus. I did some preliminary search via Google but was really striking out on possibilities. Some songs it is *not* are:

Let It Die (Foo Fighters)
    Back 2 Good (Matchbox 20)
    Friday Night (G. Love & Special Sauce)
    Caterpillars (The Spill Canvas)
    Arcade Fire (Speaking in Tongues)

This is not personally a particularly important song for me to identify, but it had a cool sound and resembled a lot of other descending bass guitar songs I've heard ("Needle and the Damage Done" [Neil Young], "Can't Find My Way Home" [Blind Faith], "Seagull" [Bad Company]) that are quite good, so it would be nice to know.
    Last edited by simnia; 09-11-2012 at 09:25 PM.
  2. bugmenot1 said:

"December" by Collective Soul
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6exsatE-DUk
  3. simnia said:

Awesome! That's it! Thanks so much!

The correct lyrics at that point are:

"Turn your head now baby
    Just spit me out."