sorry if my first lyrics weren't so good. please check out my second try, herein :)

Thread: sorry if my first lyrics weren't so good. please check out my second try, herein :)

Tags: None
  1. DeShaun said:

Default sorry if my first lyrics weren't so good. please check out my second try, herein :)

you know
    i gotta women who can
    drive a man crazy cuz she
    turns like a rattlesnake

all i'm trying to do is
    get me some loving but she's
    got me tied to the stake

tell me,
    what am i supposed to do
    when i'm trying to make
    a little time?

and i gotta woman
    she everybody else's
    but mine

my little lady's been touch and go
    since the very first night we met
    she can play fast then turn ice cold
    but i take what i can get

cuz
    when she puts it on me
    her loving blows my mind
    this woman's got skills
    that are one of a kind

i'd like to keep her all for myself
    but that's not how she ticks
    i'm just the guy that gives her a home
    while she runs after other *****

but still she pays her way and
    she does so with aplomb
    for when it's my turn to play
    with house money i come
    Last edited by DeShaun; 09-19-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

De,your first Lyrics were good,but if you're new here,you'll find 99% of the people that read Your songs won't post a Reply.Why?I can only say it's because they're SO BUSY or more likely,selfish.When I first came to this site all I ever read was complaints about"how nobody gives me feedback"!But,at the same time,these folks weren't giving any feedback themselves.It was a case of "if nobody gives me feedback,I won't give anybody feedback either."In closing,don't ever sell yourself short,the only complaint I have about your first posting was it was difficult to read(with all the chord changes)most folks here aren't musicians,I'm a drummer,and couldn't make heads or tails from your chords.If you don't defend your lyrics,no one will!Now,go give some feedback to the other people at ATL!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 09-22-2012 at 01:00 AM.

3. DeShaun said:

Thank you Doug,
    I appreciate your reply. I would go into battle with you; you endeavor to communicate. Thank you for educating me on the protocols around this forum, I sincerely appreciate this. Here is my first try at playing guitar with these lyrics
    http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...2/blues_to_you

Doug Denslowe said:

Title Suggestion:She Drives Me Crazy

5. Philip Wrobel said:

i agree with Doug on the title, it would fit the song very well.

6. DeShaun said:

Thank you Philip. I'm nearing 100% conviction for She Drives me Crazy being the final title. I appreciate your feedback.

Frankie Jasmine said:

My vote is "Woman Drives Me Crazy." I hear your style is Keb' Mo' . . . you're the first one I've heard on this site. Love Keb'Mo'. Hearing your song, you've got a good, steady but interesting melody goin' (with variation). So for melody idea = A-!! Your lyrics are good. Have to add--always do--don't like "cuss"--I get that's not unheard of, 'specially w/Delta blues and modern mixed version spawned after Delta Bls + other musical influences.

I think you're young. Keep singing every moment of every day. Keep playin' guitar every day. That is, if you want to be the "star" of your own music. I know it takes a LOT of work and dedication! If you're into songwriting primarily, I'd recommend you train your voice and guitar best you can on this song over time, then send it to Keb'Mo'.

I'm nobody special. Just a Keb'Mo' fan.
    _ _ _ _

P.S. "Aplomb" is a single-word clencher!--good job. Also I notice you're trying to enunciate (very important); work on the word "home" ('I give her a home'), with that long-O sound. Your accent's changing it. (Hey, I'm a Southerner--talk about an accent!)
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 09-21-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

How about,"Frankie Drives Me Crazy"!

Frankie Jasmine said:

. . .