And make them right
    Lets reset time
    And rewrite these lines
    Let's rewrite these lines
    Come on guys let's
    Rewrite these lines
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Johnb31 said:

What are we waiting for? There is another song very similar to this one Ill post it

Frankie Jasmine said:

JohnB31: I have to think this one over a bit. Read and re-read. I do like it and think it's strong in the beginning with a strong chorus. My off-hand thought right now is that the train imagery brought back into the lyrics toward the end would be a uniting and strengthening element. . . . And yet there's more to say. Please give me time. If I didn't already like it, I wouldn't bother--so that's actually a compliment (I guess you know!)

Doug Denslowe said:

It's a little hard to understand(I'm not as "deep"as you!!)but if Frankie likes it,I'll have to agree!John,you really should collect your work in a book!I'd be sure to read it,in a library!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Agree, a little hard to follow in parts. But I've done the very same thing. I posted my song, then kept refining it over weeks to get it to the right point. Nothing out-of-the ordinary.

SPECIFICITY is what it needs in places. But don't worry about that for now, unless you already have creative ideas popping in your head.

Give time for more feedback from everyone... And please don't think the way I DO when one of my songs needs refining . . . I tend to think, "Oh, that's just a throw-away anyway!" Then I realize, No, it just needs work.

In "Our Selves Through" that is NOT the case--Defo not a throw-away! Be patient wit yourself, Johnb! You're churning' and churnin' out songs. I don't know how you guys do it.

Johnb31 said:

I wrote this one like a year ago lol I don't even understand it I found it on my computer and decided to post it. It does need work without a doubt. The basic idea running through this song is the train is a run away train meaning its lost control and it's reaching a point where the track will not be able to handle the speed of the gain thus causing the train to crash through the track. As its moving everyone is mesmerized by the movement instead of getting up and trying to do something about it. But they realize there really isn't anything u can do so they just fade into there dreams that's the guided by the breeze. The shackles on the knees represents the fact that they cannot move they are stuck in a trance. The end of the song says let's rewrite these lines meaning let's change the outcome of of the song because the song represents society. I did kind of see this one as a throw away lol but I think I'm going to go back to the root with this one and see if I can spring forth more to this song.

Johnb31 said:

Also the song are we too far gone came from this one and that's probably why I discarded this one.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Hmmmmmm . . . the "seed" from which several songs are spawned! Good for you!