Every moment in time
    Reminds me of youuuu
    And the way that you saved me
    Fall….
    Fall….
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

2. KathyB said:

Hi John,

You have a good idea going on here, but the repetition keeps you in the moment too much, you need to move forward with the song a bit...
    If not I would title it Falling because that's all the lyric is saying...

I would rewrite and see how it goes.
    Kathy

Johnb31 said:

Hey thank u for your feedback. I just want to clarify the idea behind the song.... All throughout our lives we rise and fall and offten times when we fall we get closer to someone we love or
    Care about. So let's say u have a big fight with your parents and you "fall" but when u begin to rise again you seem to be closer to that person u had a fight with. Some people have a horrible thing happen in their life do they become closer to God cause they feel he will help. So this song doesn't move forward because no one rises for ever we always fall and rise again.

4. KathyB said:

John,

Great Explanation, put that in the song...when you listen to your favorite artist are reading what was behind the song, I don't. I want the song to tell me how I'm supposed to be feeling.

As always keep or sweep.
    Kathy

Johnb31 said:

Thank you again KathyB for your feedback I will look into adding/subtracting from this song and I hope to hear from you again once I change somethings. As far as changing some things I was considering adding a different bridge to resonate the idea I am trying to convey but other than that this song is just one of many that I have written, and it will most likely never see the light of day. Please comment on my many other works on my page I look forward to reading your responces on many of my other songs and poems also I look forward to reading your work. Thank you again.... your honesty and opinon has been taken into consideration and I thank you for helping my material to grow.

6. The Obscured said:

Hey dude, I like this, but have but a single piece of critizism. I feel like you use some form of the word 'I' too much. Kinda throw me off a little bit personally. I don't know if it's meant to keep pace with the music (I think we've all run into this problem before" but to make it less wordy I do have a suggestion if I may. (I'm only going to use the first stanza as an example to avoid rewriting the entire song)

Maybe do something like this:

Been running down
    And running round
    Too far away
    To see your face

Instead of what you have. Just a thought. I only suggest this because I feel like depending upon the music, it could seem "rushed' in a way and in turn throw some listeners off. Just a thought. I love the message in this song though. Look forward to more!
    We're a little bit stranger on the inside

Johnb31 said:

I see what youre saying but it's mainly just to keep pace with the music cause the verses are slower in contrast to the chorus which is not. The sound of it is I've been runnnning..down so it's I kind a slow hold out of the line instead of saying it fast.

Doug Denslowe said:

John,got any other hobbies?You give us so many songs,I'd think you were in prison with this output!You're amazing,keep on writing
    I'll keep on reading!

Johnb31 said:

I write on my free time lol its how I deal with stress and stuff. I write so much that it comes easy to me so when i have the right feelings going I can pump out 2 to 5 songs at the same time, and then i have a week dry spell then I get a day like today. This song is old probably 4 to 5 years old and i never did anything to it after that.

Thatsmeonthetrain said:

You defiantly love what you do, that's for sure.
    Another good one baby!

11. The Obscured said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    I write on my free time lol its how I deal with stress and stuff. I write so much that it comes easy to me so when i have the right feelings going I can pump out 2 to 5 songs at the same time, and then i have a week dry spell then I get a day like today. This song is old probably 4 to 5 years old and i never did anything to it after that.
    That's exactly how I am man. Good to know I'm not alone in that sense. I hate it when I'll write a lot of stuff I feel good about, then run into writers block. It's an excellent venting process though. And you do it well, so keep enjoying what you do. Maybe try out for freelance stuff? Decent way to make money if you spit out songs like this that you don't really do much with. Just a thought.
    We're a little bit stranger on the inside