Let me live
    Let me fly away
    Into a better place
    Let me go.....
    Let me go.....
    Let me fly away......
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

Another "happy"song from John!When you rhyme,I'll give you time.Good lyric,yet again!

Johnb31 said:

Haha "happy". I wrote this one and identity loss about an hour ago so its fresh.

JJCory3 said:

Message is clear, lines are to the point, simple rhyme scheme. I like it, a lot actually.

Frankie Jasmine said:

A lot of emotion yells out of those lyrics, emotion with a reasonable basis behind it. Sometimes the first roads to self-discovery are through the articulated words . . . The actions and experience will follow in the natural course of things. The words have to be said and acknowledged by oneself first, before prominent "others" in our lives can hear them clearly. Good job.

6. The Obscured said:

John, my man, I think you and I have a lot in common in our songwriting. We both seem to want to break out of our shell and lay our emotions on paper (or in my case, Microsoft Word, lol) in an intense, passionate manner. I could be wrong, but it sounds like this isn't just a song for you. It may be fresh, but it definitely burns inside you still. I would say never let go of that man. I know they say dwelling on things is bad, but not if you let it shape who you are and who you will become. Good song, great expression and even better job expressing it. Looking forward to more!
    We're a little bit stranger on the inside

Johnb31 said:

Thank you so much man I appreciate your comment very much, and I hope that it builds me to an even stronger person. Also check out my songs on my thread on my page there is a bunch that are buried in the forum that would love to would love to resurrected lol. Thanks again.

8. Philip Wrobel said:

i really love your chorus, and i have a question: how long after do you say the "into a better place" part?

Johnb31 said:

It's like away held out like two or three syllables and then that part which is "intooo a.better place" it's held out and then fades. I will probaly change the writing of it to make that easier to hear but I usually don't because if it becomes a song with music I might decide to change the way I sing it or Change the song entirely. So I usually stay pretty basic with my line structure.

MoonRide*r* said:

Nice job!

The call of the wild... not the most elegant way to put it, but I think it fits in the grand scheme of inevitability; maybe even multiple times in a person's life. Like, after I did 20 in the military, man I was so ready to move on and find some other place to be.

This is very identifiable, and it's right to the point and right on target with the subject.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

MoonRide*r* said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    ... because if it becomes a song with music I might decide to change the way I sing it or Change the song entirely. So I usually stay pretty basic with my line structure.
    Yeah, when I first tried my hand at serious song-writing, I realized it was impossible to get a lyric "just perfect" before it was worked out with music. Just another necessary step in the creative process.
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Thatsmeonthetrain said:

The emotion is just too much. The sense of being trapped and wanting to escape is a beautiful but tragic thing.

Johnb31 said:

Very eloquent my dear