Greek current pop song in charts?

Thread: Greek current pop song in charts?

Tags: None
  1. liverpoolmichael said:

Default Greek current pop song in charts?

Hi there,

I'm desparately trying to get hold a song I constantly heard while on holiday in Kefalonia (so I presume it's a hit in the Greek charts).

It is sung in Greek, and is a light, romantic-sounding pop song yet still pretty cheery. It has a catchy chorus and the song opens with the chrous being played on a Spanish-sounding acoustic guitar.

The tempo (in fact the whole song) is similar to that 1992 song "Just Another Day" by Jon Secada.

Can anyone PLEASE PLEASE point me in the right direction? I'd be ever so grateful.

Cheers,

Michael

2. brsm said:

Difficult to say, you should tell us is it a male or a female voice singing it(probably female). Would you describe it as a pop or pop/dance tune and does it have a greek rhythm/sound or rather international?

Try with Antique "I would die for you" (it's couple of years old)- it's an English version and there is a greek one but I can't remember the greek title.

3. liverpoolmichael said:

Thanks for the reply.

It is a male vocal, pretty dramatic and seering sounding, especially in the chorus.

Is it not at all a dance song, as I say the tempo is slower and the arrangement is a simple acoustic guitar, bass and drums set-up. Very light and poppy.

It was constantly played on Kefalonian radio from 20-27th August 2006.

The chords in the chorus are the standard "descending" style.

Sorry to be so vague, I can't even give you any Greek lyrics to give clues, I just wish I could sing the melody to somebody!

4. Spuddy15 said:

Elo, i have no idea what the song is because thats the 1 im looking 4 maself i think, if you get a reply could you let me no please. i have also posted a thread so if i get an answer i will let you know.
    Thanks

Tania said:

OHH! i know what song you're talking about.. try KERNAO by THANOS PETRELIS.. thats one AMAZING song