Thread: The story كل شجرة بثلاث

Tags: None

bornJUSTforERROTYZM said:

Default The story كل شجرة بثلاث

Hi! Has someone time to translate this story :

http://www.scribd.com/document_downl...pdf&from=embed

Thanks!

2. m18 said:

Title: Three trees for each one (not literally, but that’s the meaning)
    Some of the phrasing is awkward but I tried to be as literal as I could so you’d get the meaning of the Arabic words.
    P. 1-There was a small village located at the summit of a tall mountain, surrounded by bushy trees. And the rain fell abundantly, and the trees became more green and the wills and the springs (I don’t know if that’s the best word in English, but it’s the best one I could think of-they have a picture of what this word عيون means at the bottom of the page) were filled with water.
    p. 2-the people of the village cut down the trees and carried them to their village,, and cut the trunks into big pieces of wood.
    p.3-the people of the village made a lot of money from selling the wood to the carpenters in the city, that made from it beautiful furniture like beds and chairs.
    p. 4-after years went by, the trees began to decrease (become less plentiful) in these forests, and the color green that used to surround the village began to disappear little by little.
    p.5-the people of the village noticed that the rain didn’t come as often in their area, and the wells and springs dried up, and there weren’t enough grasses for the sheep of the shepherds and other animals.
    p.6-the people of the village met to study this dangerous state of affairs, and decided to leave this place to look for a new place where a lot of water is available and is near a lot of green trees.
    P 7-and while all the people of the village were preparing for the departure, an old man passed by and asked them: Why did you decide to leave this place?
    p. 8-one of the men of the village came to the old man and told him: Uncle, there is not enough water in this place, and no trees to cut, and we sell wood, and so we cannot live in this place.
    p. 9-the old man said: if you go to another place, will there be enough trees for you to cut? Leaving will not solve your problem.
    p. 10-one of the men said-but what should we do? The old man smiled a little then said: Didn’t you learn that the trees bring the rain? And when you cut the trees the water lessened, and the springs dried.
    p. 11-the people of the village asked the Sheikh (old man) to find for them a solution to their problem and he said: The solution that I have is to plant three trees for every tree you cut down, and by doing this the trees will increase, and so will the water.

Thanks!

4. m18 said:

You're welcome.

For everyone who is interested, here is the entire collection of stories, with audio included :

http://www.twirpx.com/files/languages/arabic/children/