The Easy Excuse

Thread: The Easy Excuse

Tags: doug denslowe song, the easy excuse

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    My kind of lyrics here. Stick it to the man. Slap Big Brother cross eyed. Love it.
    Thanks for giving this,an oldie,a bump.I think it deserves to be read by each new batch of writers/readers that visit here.

BackInBlack said:

You told me to check this one out and I knew the title sounded familiar. It's because I already read it and commented. But it was a pleasure to do so again. I really like this one and hey... Doug... Doug? Hey... To h3ll with your comfort zone! Comfort zones are boxes that constrict an artist's true expression. Think about it and I know you'll agree.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    You told me to check this one out and I knew the title sounded familiar. It's because I already read it and commented. But it was a pleasure to do so again. I really like this one and hey... Doug... Doug? Hey... To h3ll with your comfort zone! Comfort zones are boxes that constrict an artist's true expression. Think about it and I know you'll agree.
    Thanks....I do appreciate it.

4. pq92k said:

This type of theme needs a grittier set of lyrics with a subtle tone. It's a bit too literal. I would suggest reading lyrics written by Arcade Fire to point you in the right direction so you can enhance your message.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by pq92k View Post
    This type of theme needs a grittier set of lyrics with a subtle tone. It's a bit too literal. I would suggest reading lyrics written by Arcade Fire to point you in the right direction so you can enhance your message.
    Anybody suggesting the authors of the Neon Bible is cool with me.Matter of fact, I was a member of the now defunct Church of the Neon Bible..........

Frankie Jasmine said:

Found your song & was very impressed! Then saw that I'd already made that known years ago. The song is tight, Doug. For that important quality, this might be one of your best.