Amaryn's poems 2012

Thread: Amaryn's poems 2012

Tags: None

amaryn said:

Default answers to Frankie

Thank you, Frankie, for taking the time to comment on various of my poems!

Thanks also for the beautiful picture, fitting well to my poem "dream". You must have a real arsenal to find something like that!

"Emotions" actually - why would I not reveal it - has a background of my concern, how many people I have met who are actually
    suffering from loneliness and at the same time certainly there are some feelings mixed into it by what I have experienced moving
    from one country to another, with the exception of Greece, where people have been warmhearted and helpful right from the beginning.
    Moving from there to the North of Europe has been the toughest of all!
    As our society is "getting gray" at a horrifying speed it can be expected that the problem of people left alone is on the increase.

"Did you Say Love"
    I would say is neither cold nor sad: it is the moment of falling in love described in simple words. Maybe the one is shy and hopes/waits for the other to "break the ice", but I do not regard that as a sad thing. I could maybe have worked out that picture better. It would have asked for a kind of refrain referring to the "jubilation" that -o yes, now I knew you are in love with me, thank you, I was to shy to tell you first

amaryn said:

"two weeks at a time" is indeed a rather personal one. It is not pride that is reflected in "as you stil don't know me". It is how we feel it. She sees me as a novel with many unread pages. She dislikes boredom a lot. And actually I could be proud that after many years together she still sees me that way (and believe me, it's the same the other way around,lol! )

In "observations" you have made an interesting comment how a chorus might maybe be a good idea. I am gonna try! Thanks for it all. You have really spent your time reading these poems. It encourages to continue.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thanks for sharing, amaryn. This helps me to see the poem through the artist's eyes, the one that really counts--a different perspective from mine. It opens my mind to ways of thinking and understanding the differences in people. Of course, I would read it first from my own experiences. Now I am reminded that poems need to be considered from other angles. . . . Perhaps considering, "why would this be so?" "What other factors might influence why this seems 'cold'?" . . . Or that the female counterpart enjoys the enigma--pointing to a very bright woman who otherwise could be easily bored. (And I did not know that it went two ways!--all the difference in the world.)

As far as the photo . . . I "see" music, poems, stories when I read or hear them. So when reading about the woman on the dead-end lane, in my imagination she was on the lonely lane at Mespelbrunn Castle. Its picturesque but remote locale and somewhat sad feel, complete with swans, was easily brought forth from my memory! The words conjured it, so it was easy to share.

amaryn said:

Default nightmare

willows weep
    and in night cradles sleep
    thoughtless toddlers
    oaktrees above
    whisper and dance
    "never we can get enough"

philosophers add
    to deeper thoughts said
    worrisome lines
    leaves twirl down
    unstoppable process
    of something which makes them frown

glaciers melt
    and wise men expelled
    don't say yes or no
    icebirds protest
    not even a whisper
    whereto they now want to go
    Last edited by amaryn; 10-23-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

amaryn: Once again, very good; thoughtful poem. I would enjoy hearing your meaning on the first stanza, though--insights into the meaning. I do make an association with the "rock-a-bye-baby" song. It's up to you if you wish to reveal.

P.S. - "worrisome" and "twirl"

amaryn said:

From now on I'll be twirling, Frankie

The name of the song is nightmare. Indeed as you refer to rock-a-bye-baby I looked at it on Wikipedia and there can be
    discovered a strong connection: the everywhere present danger looming over "thoughtless toddlers": what if
    While willows weep oaktrees dance!

At the same time the second and third stanza refer to a problem our planet is facing already and I think you know what I mean

Frankie Jasmine said:

Yes, I clearly received the 2nd and 3rd stanzas; the 1st I was unsure of . . . yet I had an inkling!! You just hit another ball out-of-the-park!! (Baseball "hit" for the best!) Thank you.

Doug Denslowe said:

Deep...........are you trying to out-heavy Frankie's Black Orb?Love the last stanza.Didn't you know Global Warmings' a Myth?lol
    Ah,but the things we DO believe in!

amaryn said:

Morning Doug Lol, a myth go and visit the Northpole and see for yourself Well, of course we can claim that deserts were forests and
    forests deserts a very long time ago, but then there weren't 7 miljard people,lol!
    Good question: do we want eternity?

Doug Denslowe said:

Eternity: another myth?Who knows,I for one don't care,I live for today.(and don't worry about tomorrow,hey,hey,hey!)

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Eternity: another myth?Who knows,I for one don't care,I live for today.(and don't worry about tomorrow,hey,hey,hey!)

DOUG: The Doors just said it singing: got also the "deja vu" vibes,lol?

Doug Denslowe said:

[QUOTE=amaryn;972381]DOUG: The Doors just said it singing: got also the "deja vu"
    What song did you post?I've got a cross thru the "button!"

amaryn said:

That's the Doors: "People are strange". So are YT policies at times,lol

amaryn said:

Default observation 2

she is like a talking flamingo
    passing me every day
    it would do her good
    a little more food
    but she waves that nonsense away

she stops in front of a window
    to look at herself ,of course
    her lipstick I think
    is kind of pink
    and she laughs like a unhappy horse

she follows trends like a shadow
    restless feet, day after day
    and what she reads
    she believes she needs
    that's what I think anyway

PS: these observations made last summer in town

Doug Denslowe said:

Amaryn;Re;Observation 2,
    I LOVE this!!!This is right up my alley!"a little more food"they have a saying here"you can never be too rich or too thin!"I don't know about you but I like thin women.But,that's me!Again,great poem!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 10-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Enoo said:

Amaryn, as I might have already told you, you have such an elegant and natural way to write that it calls for a re-reading, and even many re-readings! Emotions is my favorite poem so far, and it gives me goosebumps everytime I read it...

I especially like this two lines of your last poem, powerful ones!

"she follows trends like a shadow
    restless feet, day after day"

You have my best encouragement to keep writing!!

amaryn said:

I love writing! I hope by criticism and encouragement to develop even further. Therefore thanks, Enoo!

Frankie Jasmine said:

No enigma with this poem, amaryn. It's straight up. And true. Great "observation"!! This one could go right into the poetry books for 2012, easily. I agree with what was said about the phrasing and wording. I find not a thing to change about it. Well done!!!!

amaryn said:

Default witness

when darkness has reached
    the caves of the mind
    and the hand on your shoulder is false
    when arrogance dries up a smile that seemed kind
    it is time to start dancing a waltz

a waltz makes forget you the fury you feel
    the impotence towards the past
    the slowness of wounds, inflicted , to heal
    so dance a waltz, but dance it fast

time's on the run, don't linger too long,
    there's still so much you can do,
    listen, your heart's beating so strong
    and best of all, know that it is you
    Last edited by amaryn; 10-26-2012 at 07:52 AM.

amaryn said:

Default fait accomplis

once you were my lover
    now you are my friend
    once there was pure passion
    but now you understand
    digging deep inside me
    you see me as a tree
    facing storms and seasons
    standing tall - that's me

"fait accomplis" could be translated as "a statement based on an observation"