Amaryn's poems 2012

Thread: Amaryn's poems 2012

Tags: None

Enoo said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    "fait accompli" could be translated as "a statement based on an observation"
    I totally approve And would add that "être devant le fait accompli" has an aspect of passivity (there's nothing you can do to change what happened) and irreversibility.

Nice poem, Amaryn!!
    It's short size goes perfectly with the title, like there's nothing else to say and any additional word would be worthless to describe the current situation.
    Last edited by Enoo; 10-30-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Both poems well-done, amaryn. WITNESS I like very much. You have a way of expressing sadder, more fearful or dreadful emotions . . . but your positivity always wins. And it seems realistic, not forced. For example waltzing (or singing or running or whatever thing is beautiful to the fearful one) lifts the heart and chases away the shadows for a while. If done often enough, maybe for good! And to "waltz" is such a grand, graceful thing to do with the body; it makes one feel alive, especially if done more quickly, and especially if the majority of one's life has already been lived-out, why not "go out" waltzing? . . . in a manner of speaking.

Fait accomplis makes me think of my husband's long-term strength, endurance, love, and reliability . . . and isn't it interesting that when I was a child, "trees" nurtured me?? I was a "tree-hugger" before it became a political statement! I hugged trees, felt that I lived in them sometimes, and I felt them hug me back. . . . Now I have the privilege to share a home and life with a human "tree"! Thanks for this beautiful and true poem.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 10-31-2012 at 01:04 PM.

amaryn said:

@Frankie! You were a tree-hugger? So was I. Nothing consoled me more than trees and living near big forests as a child gave me plenty of opportunities to stay close to them!

@ Enoo! Indeed. "Fait accomplis " asks for shortness. Thank you for appreciation

Thank you both, Frankie and Enoo, a lot for response. It is important in the process of writing

Doug Denslowe said:

Witness;another Masterpisce!Fait accomplish:I couldn't have said it better!
    First a lover
    Then a friend
    Secretly hoping
    It'd never end

From "Hurt Me So"by Yours Truly

amaryn said:

Hahaha, Doug! ! We could be twins,lol
    Thanks , your honourable.

Johnb31 said:

Nice job I like this a lot good rhyme scheme.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

amaryn said:

Default longing

an owl in an oaktree looked down upon me
    while I was dreaming a dream,
    I told him "I am a paradisebird
    in feathers you probably find most absurd
    and in colours you have never seen."

"They are tender colours, my friend"
    said the owl, flying down from the tree
    "please let me in, into your dream
    'cause that's where I want to be".

Frankie Jasmine said:

Very "Alice-In-Wonderlandish"!! I like it every bit as much as your other poems; unique.

Doug Denslowe said:

Amaryn;
    Another Owl,no mice?You're the only guy that can write two poems starring Owls and make them totalily different and interesting as well!When I figure out what they are metaphors for,I'll even enjoy them more.Hmmm........maybe they aren't metaphors.Very trippy.

Pattmoreira said:

Lovely

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Very "Alice-In-Wonderlandish"!! I like it every bit as much as your other poems; unique.
    I went to see that movie in 3D version a few years ago. Never read the book though. Hadn't thought of it like that, but I can see your point,lol

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Amaryn;
    Another Owl,no mice?You're the only guy that can write two poems starring Owls and make them totalily different and interesting as well!When I figure out what they are metaphors for,I'll even enjoy them more.Hmmm........maybe they aren't metaphors.Very trippy.
    DOUG: I like to keep you guessing. But anyway: the owl stands for one thing especially.... In my case it has also a special meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Pattmoreira View Post
    Lovely
    Patrícia: Obrigado for your support!

Frankie Jasmine said:

What I failed to say--which is OH, SO IMPORTANT!--I love "Longing." It's beauty and fantasy and intimacy spoken in a few, very well chosen, vivid words.

amaryn said:

You probably have noticed that I prefer shorter versions of poetry. But that's just for now. One never knows, Frankie
    I like your style too

amaryn said:

to be afraid

to be afraid of howling dogs in desert sands,
    to be afraid of hearts which no one mends,
    of a chaotic world nobody seems to understand

to be afraid of jealous voices underlined
    to be afraid of feelings rudely undermined
    of roads that show just one small sign: it's a dead-end

to be afraid of warm embraces of a friend
    to be afraid of books with an unknown content
    and of the destiny of things you once have lent

oh, to be afraid, so fashionable it seems,
    entering your dreams
    horror, suffering, screams
    oh , to be afraid, how to the world outside
    you explain that white
    can turn out black at night
    Last edited by amaryn; 12-16-2012 at 06:52 AM.

amaryn said:

the turtle

looking at the sea I saw
    a turtle in the sand
    "what's the hurry for?" she asked,
    "please, sit down, my friend.
    I've seen you here before
    and you seem so full of stress,
    if you don't mind I'd like to play
    with you a game of chess".

"Okay" I said, not knowing
    that my answer was absurd,
    for soon I realized she had to go
    and get it first,
    I waited untill sunset
    then I left a note behind:
    'thanks, my friend, your invitation
    was really very kind'
    Last edited by amaryn; 11-10-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

amaryn, amaryn. You * are * a * very * good * poet * ! "the turtle" again, has an Alice in Wonderlandish feel--very much so. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass is NOT child's fare. You REALLY should read it to find a kindred spirit to yourself, Lewis Carroll.

I have more to say about both new poems later. Please keep writing. Your style is unique, engaging, interesting, and you write in very good form.

About "to be afraid" (you also use lower case, like e e cummings!), I have a challenge for you on that one. I like it SO much. However, also, because I like it so much, I have some constructive criticism that I will be anxious to hear your responses to. It's one of those things where I could be "right on the money," OR where you have a "message" that's being delivered that I have not yet seen. VERY INTERESTING! I can hardly wait . . . but I am ill today . . .

Doug Denslowe said:

This is the second best words or lyrics about a turtle I've read.The first being,of course,Turtle Blues off Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Co.They had a pretty good singer,I'm sure you've heard of.Note to Frankie: Saying you're "ill"or "sick"is a good thing in today's slang.Hope you feel better!Get well soon.

amaryn said:

@DOUG: I actually stopped longing for turtle soup after visiting the Maldives ! Gorgeous animals, just a bit flegmatic, but - oh soooo good: no stress,lol

@FRANKIE: May you be blessed by health better sooner than later and I'll have all the patience it needs to hear your words about these lyrics.
    Not without criticism can an artist grow, I believe. Take care!

an incredible lady, a smashing band, Proud To Be A Turtle
    Janis Joplin in Turtle Blues
    Last edited by amaryn; 11-12-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Glad you appreciated my remark!I was lucky enough to see Janis in her old stomping grounds the Avalon Ballroom.She did play the Fillmore as well,but her home was the Avalon where Chet Helms,who hitchhiked out here with her,ran a Dance/Concert on Fridays and Saturday nights(later on Thursdays and Sundays)Dem were the daze!

amaryn said:

I am absolutely GREEN with jealousy....., Doug,, the intolerably inviting voice of Janis has filled my premises also on many occasions.
    The Turtle Blues though was unknown to me, so a big thanks for that!