Question to all authors posting here

Thread: Question to all authors posting here

Tags: None

Tania ATL said:

Question Question to all authors posting here

Would you like to have something like a Hall of Fame? I mean a place, where everyone could start a personal topic and tell there something about yourself, post a picture, place a piece you think is your best at the moment etc. Like a community inner introductory forum? Maybe some other ideas?

Originally credits to this idea are going to Venomonology, he suggested to make contests with voting and regularly select best pieces. Would you - all of you who post here - like it?

Teshka said:

Thank you Tania and i have voted for both choices on behalf of others that may want either one of those things. For me i think that a little intro section would be nice, so that we could be more aware of who is an established or up-and-coming artist and so on....or if someone is just exploring or in training and wants that kind of advice or whatever.
    Music is what feelings sound like
    Listen to the Love
    ~♥♥~

3. Guest said:

Intro yes, I don't personally feel any need for a Hall of Fame. Not strongly against either.

Doug Denslowe said:

I've already inducted Teska twice for Poem of the Month!Why bother,she'd win every month anyway!Seriously,Poem of the Month and Song Lyric of the Month would be interesting!Could older posts be included?

Frankie Jasmine said:

I voted for "both" although, like some others, "Hall of Fame" sounds a bit "big." I would prefer something like categories, Lyricist of the month/Poet of the Month/ . . . or Week . . . whatever people prefer. Or even voting on certain poems or lyrics and naming the top-most voted ones entered in a given category.

Tania, I would enjoy hearing more ideas of what you and/or Venomology propose, because it's kind of vague right now. E.g., would a Moderator or Admin. open a thread and people post; or would members start threads? I am also a little unclear about what "Introductory" means.

Overall, I like any idea which gets people interested in sharing their works or ideas, etc., and gets people more interactive on the threads. So I am definitely "For" the idea. Like Doug, I wonder if what we've already composed is eligible.

Maybe just get this started in a "test" way to see how it goes and how people respond. You mentioned it could be pictures. I guess this would mean, for example, a theme would be given, such as "Nature" or "January" or "Red," then anyone could post a photo from their own photos or from Google images that fits that theme. Is this what you mean (in addition to poems and lyrics)??
    _ _ _ _ _

P.S. Thanks to you and Venom. for bringing up this idea.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 11-02-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Add a P.S.

Tania ATL said:

Thanks to all who wrote their feedback.

@Doug: Speaking about contests - I don't have ready-made rules, we'll have to write them. And honestly, I don't see clearly now how it'll be realized technically, but I think, that time will show the way suitable to our situation.

@Frankie: no, when I was talking about pictures, I meant them not in contest context, but for self-introduction purposes - along with some personal info one would like to share in this subforum in his/her personal thread.

Frankie Jasmine said:

I get it now, Tania. I like the idea of that kind of introduction. I don't put my photograph online, but it would be nice to share things about self with others; and other to share with us. That's sort of what Maviii's Late Night Show did, but this would be from the perspective of the person themselves--what they choose to share. And we could get to know people from other areas of the Forum whose names we see, but we don't really know.

Tania ATL said:

Ok, thanks to all who replied & voted, I think we'll start with introductory section anyway, and will see to contests later.

Tania ATL said:

Sorry for delay, I hope soon we'll be able to start this new section. We're working on it!

ShadowPaintedRose said:

Contests could be really cool. Maybe writing lyrics about certain topics? It would almost be like a prompt ad it could really get creative juices flowing.