Normal users shouldn't have this ability.

Thread: Normal users shouldn't have this ability.

Tags: None
  1. safe1 said:

Default Normal users shouldn't have this ability.

You should remove the normal users' ability to "close", thus "lock" their own threads.
    This is annoying and it doesn't serve any reasonable purpose anyway.

Actually it has negative impact because suppose another user needs to ask or add something
    relative to the thread, he/she cannot.

Cheers.
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.
    Stunning feeling...to just meet them.

Amethystos said:

Please safey, even though I agree with you, can you be more specific?
    In other words, can you give us some examples of threads that you wished to offer some responce and thread's creator locked them?
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

3. safe1 said:

I don't wish to point my finger to specific threads, but, for example, if you have a look at the Greek lyrics translations,
    you can easily find such threads which get locked by the OP for no reason...

I'm even wondering what the actual users think when doing so, it's pointless...those threads can always be unlocked
    by the mods let alone the Admins who have full power on the forum software...

But the problem is that a normal user who wish to add something or ask something and doesn't want to open a new thread for the same subject,
    ... he is left without any options...

Makes sense?
    The most charming creatures on this earth. The only women who can show what they feel and, they do feel.

Amethystos said:

I know what you're talking about, just wanted some confirmation! Stay tuned...

Frankie Jasmine said:

I wondered what happened to "Lonesome Corner" under Games & Questionnaires. I enjoyed reading and posting now & then. I figured our sweet Maviii must have had good reason to close it, but I was going to ask her if she could tell me why. Afterall, she is not a "average user," but a Moderator and must have had her reasons . . .

6. safe1 said:

Well Frankie,

yes, Maviii is a moderator and she has more power than a normal user, but, in that case ( the "Lonesome Corner" I mean) she didn't use
    any more power other than the normal user has.

So she closed the thread the same way as I can do with the Duets thread.

To the point:
    IMHO everyone here who closes a thread or locks a post should have a good reason for it and should be checked for the action.

By whom? By the Admins of course...

But let me not take it that far...
    It's the normal user's rights that are unbalanced and should be trimmed down at first, then we could ask Maviii to re-open the thread
    because we like it to be open indeed....

I am 100% sure that the thread would be open to the public again in 0 minutes.
    But none of us asked Maviii for this... So, it's our responsibility too...

We complain without first addressing the issue to the original poster...(who happens to be a mod D: )

Frankie Jasmine said:

You are right, safey. I did not get around to asking sweet Maviii (who always has my tender feelings and deep respect) . . . I erred in bringing it up here first.

Sorry, dear Maviii, that I did not ask you first. Hope you can forgive me. Sometimes I jump at a chance to express what's been on my mind without thinking it through well. Absolutely no personal "attack" or even personal "complaint" meant. I just missed your thread and should have written you about it.

Please excuse my poor choice, Maviii'cim. My "bad."

8. safe1 said:

...well actually it wasn't your bad...because the thread was deleted actually... anyway. I just discovered that yesterday...

9. safe1 said:

...and the party goes on : http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/gr...-to-greek.html

ok maybe I'm old and odd.. I'm freakin' out seeing locks... :/

Amethystos said:

A few hours ago I was informed by ATL's administration that

Yes, we'll forbid threads closing by ordinary users.
    Hope this action will fix things.

Amethystos said:

Quote Originally Posted by safe1 View Post
    ...and the party goes on : http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/gr...-to-greek.html

ok maybe I'm old and odd.. I'm freakin' out seeing locks... :/
    I'll unlock this for you safey.

And please, if anyone has another request for unlocking threads inform any mod you prefer via pm
    or create another post in this thread.

Thanks for your suggestions to improve forum! Remember it's OUR forum.

Ps. Unfortunately Maviii has already decided, to delete some VERY popular threads.
    Personally, I respect her will and I have given her my word that I will stand by her side to this decision.