A Prayers Delirium

Thread: A Prayers Delirium

Tags: None

Eccer said:

Default A Prayers Delirium

(Still a little unsure about the title, comments are appreciated )

And he who does not tolerate pain, he who doesn't accept its master
    Shall forever walk in denial
    He who prides himself in pure pleasure, where ego laughs at the core
    His will and only
    His reign, bestowed from thy heaven
    He that walketh as indifferent
    Shall forever be stained as
    A blind old savage

Expand this lineage
    And, expect the rats to swarm the streets
    Bring thy plagues
    Let them walk
    Let them feel the misery
    Let their false essence rot
    For we will watch
    From afar
    As this grand circus unfolds

Tighten his shroud
    Cast him in the void
    Give him the sweet extract
    Drown him in its vortex
    And when fear is set
    And thy scream echoes
    Only then shall he
    Who walked in delirium
    Become nothing itself

And in nothing it bathes
    The core of you
    The entity in which we accept
    Here we shall set you free
    Can you feel again?
    Can you read the words on the altar once more?
    Does it even make sence, now that you are nothing?

Welcome
    Stranger
    This path now bestowed upon
    For now we teach
    For here we are brothers
    Through the veil truth doth shine
    In thy thermal mind
    Last edited by Eccer; 02-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Hi, Eccer. This is a complex poem (meaning). However, there's some good poetry, particularly in the 2nd and 3rd stanzas, which stands out to me.

At first the meaning seemed a bit like a labrynth. After taking time, pondering, and "listening" closely (which is sometimes necessary with poetry), a picture began to take shape. Then the words written came to have meaning rather than seeming a "play on words." The meaning which I take from this has a lot of scriptural (bible) backing or implication. Am I right about this? If not, then the meaning I have gotten from it does not fit. I will be happy to share what I "perceive" from my point of view if you wish--glad to. However, if there is no such backing to the poem, it means I have misinterpreted the poem according to my own frame-of-reference . . . Let me know!

MoonRide*r* said:

Love it! But like Frankie, I still need to digest it a little more. Soooo I may be back a slightly later time...
    But as much as anything (for now), I madly-love the concept!
    There is no glamour in sudden death, and nobody ever wins a war.
    :
    Rockers Unite! =>
    ROCK 'n' Roll Halls of Fame

Eccer said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    Hi, Eccer. This is a complex poem (meaning). However, there's some good poetry, particularly in the 2nd and 3rd stanzas, which stands out to me.

At first the meaning seemed a bit like a labrynth. After taking time, pondering, and "listening" closely (which is sometimes necessary with poetry), a picture began to take shape. Then the words written came to have meaning rather than seeming a "play on words." The meaning which I take from this has a lot of scriptural (bible) backing or implication. Am I right about this? If not, then the meaning I have gotten from it does not fit. I will be happy to share what I "perceive" from my point of view if you wish--glad to. However, if there is no such backing to the poem, it means I have misinterpreted the poem according to my own frame-of-reference . . . Let me know!
    You are very right in this being biblical reminiscent. I wanted this to be kind of a... lecture, something which was written before and forgotten. Something everyone should learn from. I guess my main inspiration for this is.. Orphaned Land.

Frankie Jasmine said:

And do you wish to share a bit about "Orphaned Land"?

Eccer said:

Sure thing, I guess its more like the style they write in, which has inspired me lately. They have absolutely beautiful lyrics, and are one of my favourite bands nowadays. They play a unique composition of oriental music, mixed with prog metal. Similar to what Opeth does, but still fresh in their own way