Search for Song from Life Soundtrack

Thread: Search for Song from Life Soundtrack

Tags: life, lounge, nbc, search, song
  1. Lifeshort said:

Default Search for Song from Life Soundtrack

Song played in NBC's Life, Episode 10 Season 1 (Dig a Hole) REWIND Version, not TV Version....
    All Soundtrack-sites list the TV Soundtrack!

You can listen to the song here:
    http://www.justjack.com/Life/video/dig-a-hole/192435/

I asked for this song on various q&a boards, someone uploaded it to youtube in the hope someone would recognize the song...
    I hope someone here can help me...

it also could be helpful if someone can post the lyrics, i have problems understanding everything

2. Fence Sitter said:

The link doesn't not play a video, but I've got an old browser so no real surprise.

However a little research suggest the same tracks that were used on the DVD as were used for NBC rewind

As per http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Lif...ish/musicguide

(which by the looks is incompete)

1x10 - Dig A Hole (Part 1):
    At the beginning of the episode
    The body gets examined and they find the old phone ("Perfect Disaster" by Caution Cat in the NBC Rewind Version)
    Crews and Reese at the party
    Constance showing up at the police station
    At the end of the episode ("Every Step I Take" by Del Bombers in the NBC Rewind Version)

3. Lifeshort said:

Quote Originally Posted by Fence Sitter View Post
    However a little research suggest the same tracks that were used on the DVD as were used for NBC rewind

As per http://www.episodeworld.com/show/Lif...ish/musicguide
    Thats the wrong Soundtrack, not the one I search... I already looked on every Soundtrack-Listing Site i know, I also visited torrent sites to see the the tracks of the unofficial soundtrack pack, but the song I search is listed nowhere...
    I can just hope that somebody knows the name of the song, research doesn't help in this case...

By the way, i would update my browser from time to time, Fence Sitter, not because of videos, more because of security

4. Fence Sitter said:

The DVD's supposedly use NBC Rewind's version. I'm now guessing that might only be true for a certain region, perhaps region 1 and not other regions.

It's a shame that COMPULSORY music / data listing isn't yet implemented on all music introduced into any media ... but then, what would some of us do all night long.

Oh as far as older non IE browsers, it's mostly that sites don't like these browsers because there are "mods" or what not that EASILY allow a user to "GET" video and mp3s the site wants "secured" ... sadly many in the mainstream Music Industry believe freely available mp3s and such might hinder sales ... certainly it does upset the "bought by accident" sales marketing. I could just install a couple of mods for such occasions where access isn't being granted to someone with an older browser or simply use an online site to just rip the media out, but I'm just too lazy to do so :-)

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeshort View Post
    You can listen to the song here:
    http://www.justjack.com/Life/video/dig-a-hole/192435/

someone uploaded it to youtube in the hope someone would recognize the song.
    Hi, the link doesn't play for me either. Do you have a link to the YouTube upload?
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

6. Fence Sitter said:

I was unable to find any Q&A sites in regard to your query that had "justjack" and a youtube link. (Not that they aren't out there, just google isn't showing me any results.)

I then wondered what "justjack.com" might be and :lol: it turns out to be yet another NBC streaming server site. So yeah, it's a USA site, so it should be the same music tracks as per Region 1 dvds. Operative word, should. However it's DEFINITELY ( as a streaming video) what would be referred to as NBC Rewind. What dvd region you're in is no longer relevant at this point as you are after the song as per NBC REWIND.

It also occurs to me that this link would be for the WHOLE episode, so it would be handy to know; a) how far into the episode (video) the music you'd like to identify is, along with b) some description of the footage where the music plays in the background.

Another place a couple of more songs as per http://askville.amazon.com/20-09-Wha...estId=42078092

[110] Dig A Hole

* "What Glows" by Gush. The 'I'm With Stupid' corpse. (NBC Rewind).

* "Perfect Disaster" by Caution Cat. Forensic investigation. (NBC Rewind).

* "Never Giving Up On You" by Shannon Penn. Crews & Reese chat with Constance. (NBC Rewind).

* "Every Step I Take" by Del Bombers. Elevator kiss; Jack Reese's file. (NBC Rewind).
    Last edited by Fence Sitter; 11-17-2012 at 10:29 PM. Reason: additional material

7. bugmenot1 said:

Here's a youtube link to part of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBQjUq_X7dI

8. Lifeshort said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Hi, the link doesn't play for me either. Do you have a link to the YouTube upload?
    bugmenot1 answered this question, thanks to him

It also occurs to me that this link would be for the WHOLE episode, so it would be handy to know; a) how far into the episode (video) the music you'd like to identify is, along with b) some description of the footage where the music plays in the background.
    The link is just a clip from the episode, NBC always uploads the full episode AND a clip...
    In the full episode the scene with the song I search is about 16 min., the main characters of the show go to a wild party...

I was unable to find any Q&A sites in regard to your query that had "justjack" and a youtube link. (Not that they aren't out there, just google isn't showing me any results.)
    There are other posts for that, most of them made by me
    Some people also tried to ask for that song on soundtrack-listing sites, again no result...
    askville.amazon was helpfull, but again the track I search was missing...

Thanks anybody whos trying to help me, I hope I'll find that song one day...

Edit:
    First time I found a link where someone listed every song played in the different Life episodes, but sadly for the song I search he wrote:
    "[?] "[?]" [?], Track [?] Wild party"
    Source:
    http://have-dog.com/life/

I also found out that ONLY the TV Version in the USA had a different soundtrack, the DVD and WEB Version of the USA and every version of every other country have the REWIND Soundtrack.
    Last edited by Lifeshort; 11-18-2012 at 04:44 AM. Reason: More Infos

9. Lifeshort said:

Is maybe anybody able to understand a bigger part of the vocals, or can someone name the music genre? I think its Lounge, but Im not sure... When I know what genre it is I maybe find a forum/community for it and can ask them...

10. Fence Sitter said:

OK it's simple enough - the search is for the different track used on the "Rewind" version.

The song has a degree of familiarity, but it is more likely that the song stuck from when I watched the series on TV.

It sounds like some of the words are french. About the only section I can sort of make out is

I feel a pressure change
    call me sugar

Pressure change is most likely not right.

I would say it had a Jazz / Lounge feel to it, but I would have trouble pegging it into any one category based on just a small sample.

At least one site suggests it is Émilie Simon but a different song. It's possible as I've noted different songs from the same artist have been substituted in a couple of other rewind episodes.

A member there also put forward "rewind" uses Rescue Records - http://www.5alarmmusic.com/rescuerecords/index.php for a lot of their substitute songs.

Despite have a flash looking site, it was reported it doesn't support searching for songs by lyric. {I would have had a good look myself by but I only allow a site x amount of bandwidth and time to get its act together to post up a page - and I allowed a generous margin past that before losing interest.)

11. Lifeshort said:

At least one site suggests it is Émilie Simon but a different song. It's possible as I've noted different songs from the same artist have been substituted in a couple of other rewind episodes.
    Hm, I read that, too, but the song dont sound like her style... I dont know, I listened to some songs of her and the style just sounds different. Maybe a remix?

Anyway, I'll try to listen to her complete discography from her beginnings to 2007/08 when Life started..

Better Idea: Do anyone know a fan-board for fans of emilie simon? if that song (remix or original) has her vocals in it her fans will hear that and name the song...
    I tried to find a forum with google, havent found one yet...

A member there also put forward "rewind" uses Rescue Records - http://www.5alarmmusic.com/rescuerecords/index.php for a lot of their substitute songs.
    I will listen to their music, and if i have to listen to all of their stuff, theres a chance to get this song! I just want that song so badly...

Yes, RescueRecords, which somehow belongs to 5 Alarm music or is the same i dont know, made some songs for Life. Will have a closer look
    Last edited by Lifeshort; 11-18-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Idea

12. Fence Sitter said:

OK so I decided to wait for the 5 alarms to load up (and 3 megs later) after I noted they had a process for users to buy certain tracks (as reported at boards.nbc.com - which is temp out of service - so google cache)

The front page of the site has a "music concierge" to get help. To really search there you have to register, the "public access" is an oxymoronic term as it pretty much gets you nothing. ie nothing can be selected except look at some search page - that is it, nothing I clicked on was active. The concierge link on index page did work so ... maybe you could ask there.

13. Lifeshort said:

To really search there you have to register, the "public access" is an oxymoronic term as it pretty much gets you nothing. ie nothing can be selected except look at some search page - that is it, nothing I clicked on was active. The concierge link on index page did work so ... maybe you could ask there.
    I sent them a mail, hope I'll get an answer...
    I was able to use the search as a public user... I was able to listen the songs from a song-pack i found on amazon. A user posted a comment in which he said that some songs of this pack where used in Life. But of course not my track :/

14. Lifeshort said:

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alarm Music
    I’m sorry, but we don’t release the song info. Our music is not available to the general public – we simply license for use in film & television.

15. Fence Sitter said:

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Alarm Music
    I’m sorry, but we don’t release the song info. Our music is not available to the general public – we simply license for use in film & television.
    :@ What? OMG, 5 Alarm Music is a complete failsite.

Fair enough you were able to search, (whereas I could not, probably due to not being a US citizen) but now even "music concierge" appears to be yet another oxymoronic expression on their site.

This brings up the whole question, if you were to visit the site, what might you be able to search for?

"HELLO, we don't give out info!"

Every time I trip over these sort of nutters, I just think how pointless and unnecessary their uncooperativeness is.

At some point, someone, somewhere who knows the right people is going to organise a global campaign which will make it mandatory for all visual media for sale or for tv viewing, or business related video / promo on the internet, to include the music credits, even for short samples, as a major energy saving initiative to stop wasting computer time on the net.

16. Lifeshort said:

:@ What? OMG, 5 Alarm Music is a complete failsite.
    Indeed!

I also dont think I get a useful answer from NBC, but at this point a would be happy to just get a god damned answer!

It's tragic that even in a time where billions of people are connected threw the internet it's not possible to find out one songs name played in a TV Series! And I also dont know why it is to #*&%)§+= hard to help non-paying persons...

17. Fence Sitter said:

I hope NBC is more forthcoming. Hope upon hope it was sourced from some other archive or is actually a song.

I've felt that this was some song from the 90s, especially the section "I feel a pressure change" The french words aren't something I remember, but my memory is honestly quite lousy.

However I'm more and more certain, I've heard something very much like the song from the late 90s.

The cagey response from "quite alarmed music" as well as some supposed secret archive only available to "special corporations" is starting to push me to the possibility, the sound archive may not want to know (or admit) if any of the tunes creators are actually "borrowing" form other less well known artists and obscure songs. A few sound libraries do make tunes which sound like or have a certain feel to more popular songs, but those I've looked through are quite honest about it - in at the very least acknowledging the basis of the tune.
    Last edited by Fence Sitter; 11-30-2012 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Additional comment and 2nd edit for grammer

18. Pedja Krcedinac said:

bump. Just heard the song and couldn't find it so stumbled on this post.

19. BlueNileFan said:

Personally happy (considering the many hours spent on this one) to report that this 6 years+ mystery was solved about 3 months ago by YouTube user Miscomprehended

Original bugmenot1 link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBQjUq_X7dI

Publisher : Primrose Music (sales through other outlets i believe)
    Album : 2Night (PRCD 167)
    Track 09 : Opium and Pearl (3m01s) (full version)
    Author : Marco Cimino

listen better quality partial full

Considering the title and big network outdated censorship laws (dismember, torture, stab or shoot but don't mention drugs...). I think this explains the DVD substitution... (and here I thought licensing issues...too rational)

20. Fence Sitter said:

Thank you so much. I can finally stop wasting time every time I hear background music which sounds like it might be done by the same artist.