[SOLVED] A tune used in BBC Horizon doco - sample supplied

Thread: [SOLVED] A tune used in BBC Horizon doco - sample supplied

Tags: None
  1. Fence Sitter said:

Default [SOLVED] A tune used in BBC Horizon doco - sample supplied

Hi,

This is a tune I've heard many times, but I either can't remember its name or spent time looking for it many years ago. (So a longer sample might be sitting about on some cassette tape packed away.)

It's electronica with no vocals (that I can remember), - I'd place it in "music to relax by."

I believe that later on in this tune, there are a couple of short segments of reverberation.

I heard it again today while watching segments of a BBC documentary The Truth about Exercise It was the first sample I noted into the show, and was also used later on. I note at least one query to the same tune on the net if indeed it was the first song sample in the show.

There was no music / "sound byte pollution" list that I could find.

Finding a sample to listen to was difficult, as the powers that be delight in making sure people down in my locale ... <snip> ... boring story but I won in the end. :->

I decided not to post the youtube link I found part 3 at. (For anyone who hates zippyshare, it is 4 minutes into part 3 by Niel .... part 4 and 5 exist on youtube, none of the other parts are easy to find though - working. )

Below is a 35 second mp3 segment from the show. 1156 KB 256kbps

http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/93882028/file.html

I'd be very grateful for any assistance.
    Last edited by Fence Sitter; 12-11-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: emotion smiley

2. Fence Sitter said:

Strangely, the edit function is behaving differently to what I've usually encountered here, it doesn't allow me to edit the title so I can indicate that it is now solved, hence there's little point in editing.

The song was released in 1998. It was Air - La femme d'argent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4U19zwFENs

Samples of the song were used in the opening and then once again later on in "The Truth About Exercise"

I did not find this through searching the net - that being a fruitless task, and possible results were in threads which had been "removed." It only strengthened my dislike of "nutters" who unfortunately don't want any discussion on the backing music used.

I was lucky enough to have it in my old cassette collection, so after 15 tapes -- success. My collection is basically mostly unmarked - a result of listening to a couple of radio stations where announcers often got distracted from naming the artist or pre-announced their filler before going into the news or another segment.

Thank you everyone who took the time to respond and listen to the sample.
    Last edited by Fence Sitter; 12-20-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Clarity