With smily faces and grins
    I can tell you that I'm not smiling
    For I.... am dead
    Yeah I..... am dead
    And the man will keep cutting
    Until the end
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind

Doug Denslowe said:

I at first thought you were talking about how if wind blows through trees, it often sounds as if they're singing.
    I guess I was wrong about that.
    "Trees of uncertainty" is a far cry from what I assumed you were going for.
    Anyway, another thought provoking lyric from the Master.
    Good job, once again.

Jim Colyer said:

Strange lyrics but they resonate! My dentist told me yesterday that if I were buried beneath a tree, the atoms in my body would become part of that tree.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer View Post
    Strange lyrics but they resonate! My dentist told me yesterday that if I were buried beneath a tree, the atoms in my body would become part of that tree.
    If you spit on a tree,your atoms would become part of the tree.We all apart of everything.

Johnb31 said:

The speaker is that of an immature tree who is beneath all the others until he is cut down and made into a table while all of the other trees are made into hard wood flooring. So the table now sits above the other trees but it faces abuse hints the markers and writing on it. So although it has risin above all the rest of the trees it must face the most troubles and the most difficult life. At the end it comes to the conclusion that pretty soon there will be no trees or forests and we will all fall eventually.

Thatsmeonthetrain said:

"I have marker all over my skin
    With smily faces and grins
    I can tell you that I'm not smiling
    For I.... am dead"
    The deepness of this is outstanding. haha. I love you so much. I love how you can make a simple analogy something so much deeper.
    You amaze me every single day (:

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Johnb31 View Post
    The speaker is that of an immature tree who is beneath all the others until he is cut down and made into a table while all of the other trees are made into hard wood flooring. So the table now sits above the other trees but it faces abuse hints the markers and writing on it. So although it has risin above all the rest of the trees it must face the most troubles and the most difficult life. At the end it comes to the conclusion that pretty soon there will be no trees or forests and we will all fall eventually.
    So true.John;So Deep!

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    If you spit on a tree,your atoms would become part of the tree.We all apart of everything.
    Doug: Or at least your DNA--part of your precious genetic code--would become part of the tree . . .

Johnb: Hey! I got your meaning on everything except the other trees as the "flooring." If one word:

Covering the ground

were changed to:

Covering the floor,

your meaning would be clarified. My point = From the word "ground," I envisioned trees littered on the forest floor rather than as wood on a kitchen floor. Aaaaarrrrgh! that changes your better rhyme of "ground" though. Rhyming or meaning? Meaning or rhyming? :S

The song meaning becomes clearer as the lyrics advance. Wow! Saving the planet/nature must be on the minds of several young writers on ATL. Yet you express yourselves from such different viewpoints. "Forest of Death" is defo unique. It's a "figure me out" kind of song.

"And now I'm a.... " prior to the chorus--that phrase hangs, which is part of the charm! The musical phrasing you choose will imbue your deep sincerity--so your message is taken seriously. . . . Does what I'm saying make sense? :l I like to contribute a little something, because you've put so much thought and effort into this innovative song.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 12-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Johnb31 said:

Figure me out songs are my specialty lol. Anyway I see what your saying with the confusion with the trees on the ground or what ever I said lol, but I really don't even know everything this song is about I wrote it in a weird frame of mind. So my interpretation of it is just that and my opinon shouldn't be taken as absolute fact so your view on the song is just as valid as mine. So I'm not sure if I should change it or not because it would work, but I'm not sure if it belongs, because my interpretation of the song may be wrong. I think the song starts as a forest and eventually falls or is cut down and then a new forest rises out of the death, which is "the forest of death" or the home of man. I'll read over it and see what I should do thank you so much for the comment and the sujestions I really appreciate the fact that you put time into reading my song. Thank you.

Frankie Jasmine said:

From Johnb31: ... the song starts as a forest and eventually falls or is cut down and then a new forest rises out of the death, which is "the forest of death" or the home of man.

From Frankie: Beautifully said, John! Perhaps I jumped in too soon. I think you are still in the creative process. Now is time for you to go with your gut and also with what makes sense to you. I do the same thing with lyrics (the few I've written). There's the first burst of creativity; I post; then I hone it/edit it for weeks. The base of the song remains, but it becomes more refined.

Keep on keepin' on!