[SOLVED] Obscure song from the 90s

Thread: [SOLVED] Obscure song from the 90s

Tags: None
  1. BryterL said:

Default [SOLVED] Obscure song from the 90s

Hey everyone, there's a song I remember hearing as a kid that I'm trying to find. Every once in a while I remember it and try to find it, but haven't had luck yet. I think the last time I heard it was in a grocery store about a year ago and it was so quiet I couldn't pick up a lot. Here's what I remember about the song:

It's from the early-mid 90s (or at least I think it is, it could be older, but I remember hearing it, probably on the radio, then)
    It sounds like a pop/R&B song from the early-mid 90s and is uses a slow or moderate tempo
    The chorus involves a woman singing "Dip Dip" or something like that and repeating it. That's the main part at least, and background singers may be involved.

That's all I really have to go on, which is why I've had such a hard time finding it. I don't know any lyrics other than "Dip dip," but I think there were actual verses. It's not "Do the Dip" or "Tom's Diner," or any of the other songs people commonly look for or suggest when trying to find songs that use "Dip Dip" as a hook. The closest songs I can think of to the one I'm looking for are "Doot Doot" by Freur and "Deep Forest" by Deep Forest; they both sound kind of like it, but neither are right. Someone must know this, right? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BryterL; 12-14-2012 at 02:32 AM.

2. BryterL said:

Upon taking a closer listen to "Doot Doot," I'm thinking what sounds closest to the song I'm looking for are a part in the intro and outro where the "doot doot" lyric is looped and layered into sounding like "doot, doot, doot, doot, doot-a-doo." I think the song I'm looking for sounds something like. In fact, when I first re-found "Doot Doot," I thought it probably was the song I'm looking for (I actually thought the same thing about "Deep Forest," too). The only thing that's keeping me from thinking that now is that the last time I heard this song (in the grocery store), I didn't think it was "Doot Doot;" I recognized it immediately, and it was definitely something different. Female vocals instead of male, and much more '90s sounding than the very '80s "Doot Doot." Maybe it was something that sampled that song? I couldn't find any songs that do, but it's a possibility. Either that, or maybe my young brain fused a few different songs together and came up with something that doesn't actually exist (I guess it's a possibility). I'm pretty sure this song must exist, though, I did hear it somewhat recently.

3. bugmenot1 said:

Try this song:

"No More I Love You's" by Annie Lennox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYF7pUPuFs

4. BryterL said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    Try this song:

"No More I Love You's" by Annie Lennox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYF7pUPuFs
    Holy crap, that's it! It's actually kind of funny hearing it after posting this thread because it really does sound like a mix of the two songs I said it resembles. I guess there's an older version, too, but I'm pretty sure the Annie Lennox one is the version I was looking for. Thanks a lot.