My love for you defies measure
    You‘ll always be highly treasured
    Every day that goes by

Chorus
    Every day I see you happy
    Strangely, visions fraught with pain
    I embrace them strongly, knowing
    That I'll never hold you again
    Last edited by DeShaun; 12-26-2012 at 08:19 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Good rhymes.I thought for certain the third line was going to end with "guy".You threw me a curve ball,swing and miss!

3. DeShaun said:

Thank you Doug. This is an attempt to work with the rondeau form which I wanted to try out, having first learned about it only just a couple of days ago. I found it somewhat constraining due to what I think of as its rather strict rhyme scheme. So, the goal here was to adhere faithfully to that particular song form; I had recently read that the rondeau was making a resurgence in the country music charts. I'll tell ya, though, while it's nice sometimes to have a template to follow for guidance, in this case I felt...um, kinda handcuffed because the verses are supposed run: 15 lines total, as 3 stanzas of 5, 4, and 6 lines respectively, with the schemes being A-A-B-B-A; A-A-B-C; and A-A-B-B-A-C. Oh yeah, and each line is supposed to have eight, nine, or ten syllables. I stuck with eight throughout. I certainly wouldn't describe the rondeau as a flexible form...I guess they say that it's meant for ballads.

Doug Denslowe said:

Wow,De,it sounded more like a math problem than a Song Lyric!!I personally only follow my heart(or gut)when it comes to songwriting.It's good to try different methods,I hope it works out in good songs.I seem to be too lazy to "follow a formula"but do whatever makes You happy.

Johnb31 said:

Interesting song it really grabbed my attention some of the lines made me wonder, about the deepness of this song. Good rhyming as well that really helps the flow.
    There is not enough space or time to truly let the song unwind