amaryn poetry and pics 2013

Thread: amaryn poetry and pics 2013

Tags: None

amaryn said:

Vlla pamphili is the biggest parc in rome; Trastevere one of the oldest quarters of town near the river Tevere (Tiber);

If you wonder why these appear here: I just visited them for a couple of weeks,lol

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    in between the carton walls
    play little girls with little dolls
    feet in mud and water brown
    shamefull quarter of a town

yet the sky above is blue
    the air is damp, the sun shines, true
    but in my heart I'm raving mad
    'coz little dolls is all they had

Dear amaryn,

As is well known, I have been "behind the scenes" at ATL all 2013 so far. I am starting again at the beginning of your 2013 poems. I have "Liked" some already . . . now I will gradually take time to comment on the ones especially well-liked. This is one. Oh, my goodness, I could see and feel the loneliness, poverty, and pain of these little girls (who themselves are little [sad] dolls).

What a beautiful rhyme of "carton walls" and "little dolls"! This is not a usual rhyme, especially for English-as-secondary language persons; beautiful and subtle. Kudos to you, amaryn!

The entire poem is very touching. Next time I start to complain about something mundane, like the weather or some relatively minor unease, I intend to remember your poem. It makes me humbled and grateful for what "is" instead of sorry for what "isn't" in my own life . . . I will remember all such "little ones" around the world and be motivated to help when I can. Of course, words come easily; actions are harder live up to. I will use your poem to motivate myself, however. Individuals cannot heal the world; we can only make it a teeny-tiny bit brighter, in the broad scope of things ... Nonetheless, we can do something, rather than nothing. Thank you.

You have painted a true, poignant picture with these words.
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 03-26-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

defiance
    is a tree full of frozen apples
    on an early morning in March

Forgive me, amaryn. But these look like persimmons. Have you ever eaten a persimmon? It can be either a disastrous or delicious experience; sometimes both at once!! (Any of you out there eating persimmons in the wild know what I mean!)

Nevermind. Your haiku is well-taken anyway!! Besides, you would know more about outdoor frozen apples than I!!! Mr. Far North Inhabitant!!

- - - - -

P.S. Can't resist these little nature lessons. Found this quote on persimmons on answers.yahoo.com:

Many old-timers won't taste the fruit until after the first killing frost, to make sure the fruits are ripe. If they aren't ripe, they are extremely astringent. Or as Captain John Smith of the Jamestown colony wrote in 1607, "the fruit is like a medlar; it is first green, then yellow and red when it is ripe: if it is not ripe, it will drive a man's mouth awrie with much torment, but when it is ripe, it is as delicious as the apricot."
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 03-26-2013 at 09:55 PM.

amaryn said:

Hi, Frankie!

Oh yes, I LOVE persimmons, but here they are imported from far-away-places and that does them a lot of harm; however, you bet: here during winter
    (we still have lots of snow, though the weather is sunny) it is often hard to see what "bungles" at the treebranches

Thank you for your comment on the poem related to the picture of slums; It has indeed motivated me already a long time ago and I feel I should be
    reminded of the world around us every day. You are right: each one of us can do something- if not more- to help diminish the pain felt by too many
    all around the world.

Thanks for taking a bit of your busy daily life to read it carefully

Doug Denslowe said:

Putting photos with your poetry is really a Fantastic Idea!It never really "hit"me quite as hard as today.Why?I think you're matched the words and pictures more exactly.If you ever have the chance to put all your poetry/photos into an album,I'm sure you could sell a couple of dozen!LOL!The three above poems I like,especially the one with the line "in azure skies" and "trasevere".It's showing a misspelling,so I hope you'll tell us dumb Americans what it means.

curiosity_kills_the_cat said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Putting photos with your poetry is really a Fantastic Idea!It never really "hit"me quite as hard as today.Why?I think you're matched the words and pictures more exactly.If you ever have the chance to put all your poetry/photos into an album,I'm sure you could sell a couple of dozen!LOL!The three above poems I like,especially the one with the line "in azure skies" and "trasevere".It's showing a misspelling,so I hope you'll tell us dumb Americans what it means.
    I agree with you, fantastic idea...& the pictures chosen show a precision of mind on Amarine's( oh, Amaryn's) part. Pictures could in turn trigger a deeper wisdom or offer another perspective which is seamed with the original one.

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    Hi Doug! "Trastevere" is one of the oldest "common people" quarters of Roma, right beside the river Tiber (Tevere in Italian); It is crammed with cars, there is not a single square free of them , but at the same time history is evident in its architecture, mostly 1400-1700.
    There are no shopping malls, but lots of small shops, streetshops and restaurants; right now rather nice and quiet, soon tourists are bound to
    make it one of the busiest quarters of town due to Easter celebrations. We fled in time

amaryn said:

Default my neighbour

she wants to be different,
    stand out in a crowd
    and when she speaks
    she is heard, there's no doubt
    she pays attention
    to gestures and words
    hoping that no one gets hurt
    she has a face with a tiny smile
    sometimes reacting takes her a while
    but to be different ain't easy, you know
    I don't want to tell her though
    Last edited by amaryn; 03-30-2013 at 04:35 AM.

stand out in a crowd
    and when she speaks
    she pays attention
    to gestures and words
    I see.

amaryn said:

Curiosity! I added the title I had forgotten: "my neighbour". I hoped I decribed her well. We live in a house with many apartments.

Curiosity! I added the title I had forgotten: "my neighbour". I hoped I decribed her well. We live in a house with many apartments.
    You definitely know her & you know your words better.

Doug Denslowe said:

stand out in a crowd
    and when she speaks
    she pays attention
    to gestures and words
    I'm coco for cocoa puffs!(google Cocoa puff ads,if you don't know what this refers to)

amaryn said:

Hi doug! Nope. This time i really don't know what you are aiming at!?

Doug Denslowe said:

Hi doug! Nope. This time i really don't know what you are aiming at!?
    Like I said in my above Comment,Google:Cocoa Puff Ads
    If you're curious.Curiosity_ killed_the_Cat!
    let me know if you do check it out,you'll get a laugh,I promise!

amaryn said:

Default footprints in the sand

Rowing down the river Styx
    Hades in the shade
    darkening desires
    no, i have to wait
    what can i expect
    when life comes to an end
    Is all i leave behind
    footprints in the sand?

Chorus:

Footprints in the sand
    soon to disappear
    no one will remember
    that i was walking here
    Footprints in the sand
    soon forever gone
    ahead eternal silence
    i can't rely upon

standing on the coastline
    Neptune waves his hand
    obvious invitation
    of an unknown friend
    what can i expect
    Is this a dead end street
    the earth i stand on slips
    away below my feet

chorus:

Footprints in the sand...
    Last edited by amaryn; 04-03-2013 at 04:28 AM.

amaryn said:

Default for Janis

voice full of passion
    a tumor of rage
    lioness refusing to live
    inside a cage
    drowning your tears
    in a wry promised land
    in the company
    of a risky friend

then, on the stage,
    your hunger to cry
    for things that went wrong
    spitting on lies
    succumbing at last
    to pressure and pain
    when shall we hear you again?

c:amaryn 2013

Last edited by amaryn; 04-03-2013 at 04:30 AM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Footprints in the sand:fantastic.I only wish you'd have wrote "river Styx"In the first line.
    For Janis:nice.I'd a put "a lioness growling"instead of bird.Tears your drowning,you know.......sexy and raw,like Janis!
    (Believe me,I know.She a home girl,to me)
    Great change!I still though you could somehow rhyme "your tears drowning"with "a lioness growling"
    You have to admit,she's got a growl like no other!(I was listening to Live At the Carousel Ballroom.)
    You can't beat those Big Brother and the Holding Company days!That was a family,that was a band that we used to say "was on a trip"!!!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-05-2013 at 11:46 AM.

amaryn said:

Doug! Tha.nks. I'll change it tomorrow. I write on my mobile just now. River styx is a good suggestion.

Doug Denslowe said:

Vlla pamphili is the biggest parc in rome; Trastevere one of the oldest quarters of town near the river Tevere (Tiber);

If you wonder why these appear here: I just visited them for a couple of weeks,lol
    [QUOTE=amaryn;995939]Doug! Tha.nks. I'll change it tomorrow. I write on my mobile just now. River styx is a good suggestion.
    [/QUOTE

I'm glad you liked my suggestion,it seemed like it was the right river to me!
    Note:See above comment,I added in a little something.
    Did you ever Google "Cocoa Puffs Ads"See if you get "it"after you do!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 04-05-2013 at 11:48 AM.

amaryn said:

Default find me

find me
    underneath a heap of rotting autumn leaves
    caress me
    convincing me spring has arrived
    love me
    without going into any details
    'cause I am tired, baby,
    tired of explaining,
    complaining,
    stop refraining