Ahmad Adaweya - Sah Dah Embo

Thread: Ahmad Adaweya - Sah Dah Embo

Tags: None
  1. shemsdance said:

Red face Ahmad Adaweya - Sah Dah Embo

I would love it if somebody could help me with lyric translations (and the meaning behind them if you can, since I understand there is some double meaning in this song). I'm not sure how similar Adaweya and Dominique's versions are...

I found this:

http://fnanen.net/klmat/alaghany/a/a...ald7-ambo.html

السح الدح امبو
    عمي يا صاحب الجمال
    ارحمني دنا ليلي طال
    شوف لي جمال على قد الحال
    يعوض صبري اللي طال ..
    عمي ..
    يا صاحب الجمال

السح الدح امبو
    ادي الواد لابوه ..
    ياعيني الواد بيعيط
    صعبان علي الواد ..
    ماتشيل الواد من الارض
    الواد عطشان اسقوه ..
    شيل الواد من الارض
    الواد لسه في اللفه
    وعامل له زيطه وزفه ..
    ودا خلى العقل استكفى
    اكمنه شبه ابوه ..
    الواد دا لسه صغير
    قاعد في اللفه صغير ..
    ودا خلى العقل تحير

Here is a video with all the Adaweya Lyrics and Another One with Dominique - This song starts 2:07 in the Dominique video:

http://youtu.be/nMZB6JvXg1k

http://youtu.be/53jK9EvTwCw

Thank you in advance!

Yrishka said:

Hello all, i would like to know, too! Looking for the translation to Adaweya's version. Anyone? ;-)

Many thanks in advance!

3. shemsdance said:

El sa7 dah embo
    (no literal translation it’s like yakity yak)
    Ahmed Adaweya

3am ya , ya 3am ya , 3am ya , 3am ya sa7eb el gamal er7amny dah ana lely tal , 3am ya sa7eb el gamal er7amny dah ana lely tal , shoofly gamal 3ala 2ad el 7al , shoofly gamaaaal 3ala 2ad el 7al ye3awad sabry elly tal , 3am , ya sa7eb el gamal el gamal ,
    el sa7 eda7 embo edy el wad le abo , el sa7 el da7 embo edy el wad le aboh .

hey you , hey you , hey you owner of the beauty have mercy on me because my nights became longer , hey you owner of the beauty have mercy on me because my nights became longer , look for me for a beauty but on my budget , look for me for a beauty but on my budget, to get over my long patient days, you , you owner of the beauty , the beauty , el sa7 dah embo give the baby to his father el sa7 dah embo give the baby to his father .

ya 3eny el wad bey3ayat el wad 3atchan es2oh matsheeel el wad men el 2ard edy el wad le aboh , el wad lessa fe el laffah we 3amel lo zetta we zaffa , el wad lessa fe el laffa we 3amel lo zetta we zaffa we dah 7’alla el 3a2l estahfa ekmeno shabah aboh , el sa7 eda7 embo .

oh my god the kid is crying , the kid is thirsty give him a sip ,take the baby from the floor , give the baby to his father, the kid is still in the baby blanket and making loud noises , the kid still in the baby blanket and making loud noises like a zaffa ,noise like a zaffa , the kid still in the baby blanket and making loud noises like a zaffa, and that made my mind confused because he is exactly like his father, el sa7 dah embo.

edy el wad la 2aboh, we ya3ni el wad bey3ayat , shel el wad men el 2ard el wad 3atchan es2oh el wad dah lessa so3’ayar 2a3ed fe el laffah so3’ayar, el wad dah lessa so3’ayar 2a3ed fe el laffah so3’ayar, o dah 7’alla el 3a2l et7ayar ekmeno shabah aboh , el sa7 eda7 embo .

give the kid to his father , oh my god the kid is crying , take the baby from the flood , the kid is thirsty , give him a sip , the kid is still a baby sitting in a baby blanket too small , the kid is still a baby sitting in a baby blanket too small , and that made my mind confused because he is exactly like his father , el sa7 eda7 embo

edy el wad la aboh we ya3ni el wad bey3ayat , sa3ban 3alaya el wad shel el wad men el 2ard 2eddy el wad la aboh el sa7 eda7 embo eddy el wad la aboh we ya3ni el wad bey3ayat .

give the baby to his father , and oh my god the kid is crying , oh I feel bad for the baby , take the baby from the floor give the baby to his father , el sa7 edah embo , give the baby to his father , and oh my god the kid is crying.

KEY:. 2= AA 3= ein 7 = hh 7’= kh 3’=ghein zaffa= wedding entrance for the bride .

4. Sahar Shahin said:

Elsah Eldah Embou is baby talk in Egypt. When we want to say something is bad/don't touch, we say it's "ah" and when it's good or looks pretty or tastes good, etc. it's "dah". (The El at the beginning is just Arabic for "The"). ElSah Eldah is baby talk for "how nice/pretty/good this is!"

Then there's Embou, which is baby talk for drink/drinking. Asking a baby if he/she is thirsty, you'd gesture and ask "embou?"

Why do we Egyptians use these odd words with babies? They aren't Arabic. Well, because that's how our parents spoke to us as babies, as their parents before them, all the way back thousands of years. Yes, what I'm saying is that Embou was the word for water in Ancient Egypt. Little known fact that I learned from my father who carried more knowledge than google.