Why bother growing old
    Working is too hard for me
    That's what I've been told

When a pretty girl attracts me
    I just give her a wink
    Cause when you're a teenager
    You know what women think

04/09/2005
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 05-04-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyJoe View Post
    Brilliant! This is my favorite by you so far. I really, really like it. Reminds me of Alice Cooper's "I'm Eighteen" somewhat. Great job here Doug. Grand even.
    Why Thank You,Sir!I'm surprised you like it that much.Does it hit close to home,by chance?

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyJoe View Post
    No, doesn't hit close to home because I'm 31 but I like it a lot nevertheless.
    I assumed you weren't a teenager now(by the mature writings you post) but you were once upon a time. Now did it sound like you? It sounded like me. Well, maybe I wished it sounded like me.

"Cause when your a teenager
    You know what women think"
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 01-25-2013 at 05:40 PM.

4. Debeaux said:

I was a teenager once, a long long time ago. That all sounds pretty familiar to me. Great job, really takes me back.

Doug Denslowe said:

Thanks,De.I'm grateful for any feedback on this song!I'm glad a few of you like it.

amaryn said:

Doug, this has something of the Troggs"Wild Thing", The Who "Talking 'Bout My Generation" and others who all disgusted the idea of growing up.
    Well put here in your own words and hell, 2005 ain't that long ago, if you wrote it then.
    Funny, it doesnot even sound unreal though that period indeed is miles and miles behind us!
    (P.S: "cause when you are a teenager you know what women think is a Monstrosity Beyond Description,lol )

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Doug, this has something of the Troggs"Wild Thing", The Who "Talking 'Bout My Generation" and others who all disgusted the idea of growing up.
    Well put here in your own words and hell, 2005 ain't that long ago, if you wrote it then.
    Funny, it doesnot even sound unreal though that period indeed is miles and miles behind us!
    (P.S: "cause when you are a teenager you know what women think is a Monstrosity Beyond Description,lol )
    Thanks for reading and replying on this song.I know that since turning 20,each year I have become dumber and dumber.I really did "know it all"at 16.Only thing that's improved with age are my looks.

amaryn said:

Standing in front of the mirror, looking to myself with a sharp eye I start to look more like a deceased raven

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Standing in front of the mirror, looking to myself with a sharp eye I start to look more like a deceased raven
    At least that's better than a Bald Eagle!

Doug Denslowe said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️❤️❤️❤️