SOLVED: Jazzy song sung by woman

Thread: SOLVED: Jazzy song sung by woman

Tags: None
  1. cotedor said:

Default SOLVED: Jazzy song sung by woman

I'm looking for a slow, jazzy (maybe even on the bluesy side) song sung by a woman. She has a very calm, quite heavy voice; at first I thought it could've been Norah Jones by the slow way of singing, but this voice is somehow more deep and graver.

I only know a very small piece of the lyrics: "I need a hand, but I worry somehow" or something to that extent. I'm sure about the first hand part, the second part is slightly slurred almost, so difficult for me to understand, though "somehow" is definitely the last word.

I heard this song on the Belgian tv program "Loslopend Wild", and it is used in (funny) scenes where a female is daydreaming about a guy. I tried to find a clip on youtube but couldn't find any suitable clips

The part of the song I heard has a very smoky/romantic atmosphere about it, like it is sung in a dark cafe, surrounded by smoke and accompanied only by a piano. And though I'm no expert, I would have to guess that it's quite a recent song, but with a 'old' feeling, if that makes any sense (like Norah Jones' singing in fact IMHO)

Hopefully somebody will recognize this song, because I couldn't find it with the little lyrics I have...
    Last edited by cotedor; 01-31-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Mixalopoulos said:

It's "I need a hand, with my worrisome heart"

Melody Gardot - Worrisome Heart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZWsr_AqKxM
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

3. cotedor said:

Wow, that was fast! Thanks so much, it's exactly what I was looking for!!

Mixalopoulos said:

You're very welcome, great track
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.