Help finding an old song

Thread: Help finding an old song

Tags: imagination, old songs
  1. beenieman said:

Default Help finding an old song

i need help finding an old song , it is song by an African american man as lead singer(by voice)
    throughout the chorus he says "imagination" then you hear a woman (or women) say "imagination"
    and it continue like that example :
    "imagination"(man), imagination(woman) , imagination (man) imagination (woman)"
    its song like an oldies r&B song or soul
    help please

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi again, would you say that it is a 70's track.

Can you post yourself singing it like you did with your other post. That helped me identify it instantly.

Regards Mixa.
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

3. beenieman said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Hi again, would you say that it is a 70's track.

Can you post yourself singing it like you did with your other post. That helped me identify it instantly.

Regards Mixa.
    yes its a 70's tune
    also its a guy singing the chorus(black guy) he says "imagination" , then a woman(or women) say "imagination" , then him , then her
    i recorded it and will upload now
    http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/48676629/file.html
    hope you recognize it

4. beenieman said:

Bump..............

Bump...............

bump please help me
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 03-23-2013 at 10:55 AM.

cbwillallen25 said:

Where did you hear this song from? Particularly what country?

6. beenieman said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    Where did you hear this song from? Particularly what country?
    in the USA , if you look at my post above , ive made a recording of the chorus, have a listen

cbwillallen25 said:

This should prove very valuable. Also, nice singing. You definitely resembled Robin Thicke on there.

Also, does anyone know if "Don Julian & The Larks - Just My Imagination" is a cover version of the Temptations song or is it something else?

Here's one guess. I don't think this is it, but I will use it as a reference and see if it's close.

Rudy Love & the Love Family - My Imagination http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ijgteXrEY
    Last edited by cbwillallen25; 03-03-2013 at 01:36 PM.

8. beenieman said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    This should prove very valuable. Also, nice singing. You definitely resembled Robin Thicke on there.

Also, does anyone know if "Don Julian & The Larks - Just My Imagination" is a cover version of the Temptations song or is it something else?

Here's one guess. I don't think this is it, but I will use it as a reference and see if it's close.

Rudy Love & the Love Family - My Imagination http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50ijgteXrEY
    thanks for your suggestion, based on the song you suggested you know the mood/type of song im looking for but this isnt it.....its has a guy saying imagination then the girl(s) say imagination then it continues in that pattern.....i wish android devices could play the fm radio and record at the sametime, it would be easier

9. beenieman said:

bump......................