Tags: None
  1. roflohnoez said:

Default I want to try something new.

I've seen alot of posts about how:

"Rap sucks."
    "Rock sucks."
    "Lol ur a chav."
    "OMG RAP LOVING CHAVS NOT ALLOWED!1111"

So I wanna try something new. Why do you hate on people based solely on their favorite type of music? I've seen very few people who step up and not openly flame somebody based on what type of music they like.

So I wanna get the opinions from the others -- the people who flame, the people who argue, and bicker to back up their views.

Those type of people see only one thing... "I'm right, you're wrong." And if we dumb it down it's nothing more than "I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you." (Who doesn't remember that?)

Why do you hate Emo? Screamo? Rap? Classical? Rock? Metal? Opera? JPop? Jazz? Do the people who like that music piss you off? Is it because you can't stand to listen to it? So you take your anger out on them? Or is it simply-- Guilty by Association?

When people show their ignorance things like Are created.

So some input on your opinions of other people would be appreciated. You want to flame me? Go right ahead, big boys and girls. Stroke yourself just the right way. You want to flame somebody else? Please go right ahead. I want to hear exactly why so many people in this community act the way they do.

It'd be nice if we could keep everything civil, to those who reply to this, and not start with insults. Just give me your views, 'kay?

Also it's 3:30 PM and I've got nothing to do. ^_^
    "Don't sit behind a computer in bum f_uck Egypt and talk s_hit." Jon Schaffer, Iced Earth.

fattytrav51 said:

God, thank you dude. You have just kicked the site up a notch in my book. I will honor your request with a meaningful post. "Why do you hate Emo? Screamo? Rap? Classical? Rock? Metal? Opera? JPop? Jazz? Do the people who like that music piss you off? Is it because you can't stand to listen to it? So you take your anger out on them? Or is it simply-- Guilty by Association? " I'll tell you what man, I am very open to many kinds of music and try not to judge people on what they listen to as long as they don't force it down my throat or try and tell me it's the best because i am entitled to my opinion correct? Well i hate Screamo more than any other kind of music. I think that it has taken emo, which i slightly dislike on the grounds that the high pitched vocals and whiny lyrics kind of bum me out. Screamo isn't even music. it is one guy screaming stupidity into the mike while 2 or 3 others beat the hell out of intruments without any kind of rythm or tune whatsoever. I also hate country because i used to live on a farm, and i did listen to it, when I was 6! Every single song is just about losing something or getting drunk. The worst part is who listens to it. DUMBSHIT CITY KIDS! That is irritaing to me because many have never seen a horse and are frightened of spiders. I hate to catagorize people on what music they listen to but i plead an exception. Many country people prefer classic rock or something to that extent. I also hate jazz, only because my dad likes it and it is basically different people playing different songs at the same time, only the difference between jazz and screamo is that they play their instruments so soft it gives you a headache to try and listen. Let's see what else, well to be honest thats about all the music that i can't stand. Of course theirs also Opera, and classical, and the obvious stuff but other than that...
    I really do like rock and metal, so long as it has competent lyrics and a good baseline and rythm. Punk rock, classic rock, a little bit of reggae now and then, some Jack Johnson, Sublime, Grunge is a guilty pleasure of mine as well. Well, there you go roflohnoez, thank you for the opportunity to post something worthwhile.
  3. pudin said:

well, i guess i just hate rap because i don't think there's anything good about it, i wouldn't take out my anger on people who like it, and they don't piss me off as long as they don't force me to listen to it or keep arguying forever that rap's way better than what i like, i get it if someone likes rap and hates what i love, but saying something about it once is enough cause i won't change my mind and it's a complete waste of time. Opera... i just think it's boring and it's the kind of music that would put me to sleep. i've heard some good pop songs, but it's not really my tipe of music, neither is jazz, but i stand it. i like screamo, why? i don't know, i just really enjoy it. i also like rock, metal, punk,hardoce,grindcore, stuff like that, screamo might be one guy screaming into the mike while 2 or 3 others beat the hell out of intruments, but i like it, it does have rythm. i also like symphonic metal, it's just... perfect.
  4. roflohnoez said:

Two excellent posts, really. I'll start with Trav, first. Give my views on what he hates and maybe list what I hate.

I totally agree with the screamo thing -- save for the people banging on instruments. I mean... Alot of them are actually like that, but I've heard a few that were really good. And if the vocalist would space his screaming with some lyrics that I could understand, I'd get really into the song.

While Soilwork isn't Emo it does have it's fair share of growling and screaming -- But I absolutley love those Swedes and their speed/melody. One of my favorite bands of all times, and their type of singing defies my usual beliefs. Crazy world, eh? To continue I really love Jazz, except for Free Jazz, but I don't even consider that Jazz anymore. Just garbage. ^_^ Bop is one of my favorite things to listen to when I'm in a bad mood. Totally takes the weight off my shoulders -- But Rap is the exact opposite of that. It puts me in a bad mood, because most of the artists that I hear, are rapping about *****es and the notches on their cocks. Stuff like that makes me really sick to my stomach.

Another thing I hate... Is Amateur Singing. When somebody starts butchering the song of their favorite Rapper or whatever genre -- I want to kill myself hardcore, slit my wrists, "Emo" style. Especially when it's my friends doing it. For example, my friend Moe (Short for her real name... I can't spell it >_>), is a 400 pound black girl singing the My Humps song... While I love Moe like a sister I really don't enjoy her butchering an already bad song.

Opera and Classical... I love. Which really sets me apart in school, because I really don't look like the type to be interested in it. And when I listen to my iPod and people end up hearing it or listening to it on my headphones, they freak out. But Moon Light Sonata is just so damn sexy. And if anybody listens to something by Trans Siberian Orchestra they'll fall in love with Classical. (Think: Classical song done on drums, guitars, etc.)

Country... Country is just lol. There is no other acronym on this internet that I can use to describe how I feel about it. The first country song you hear, you may find catchy, slightly. But after a while you'll want to kill yourself. Country is more emo than emo. And I'll stick by that statement till the day I die.

Now for Pudin, I can understand your view. But really defending your opinion against an idiot is nothing more than doing exactly what they are. Unless I'm trolling, I tend to not even acknowledge the person's existence. (It makes arguing wtih me a really horrible experience. )

Alot of people don't like Opera. Hell, the people who do enjoy Opera -- most of the time-- don't like it. Just a little thing I've noticed.

Symphoic metal, I like. I also like progressive metal and power metal. Stuff like Iced Earth. (Matt Barlow and Jon Schaffer were just so awesome... Their new vocalist is alright, though.) Dragonforce is one of my favorite speed metals, too. But, man, if I can't understand the majority of words coming from the singer's mouth I really can't stand listening to it. Stuff like Dimmu Borgir, while fun to play in a Church, I just don't see any point in actually WANTING to listen to it.

But as I mentioned before, stuff like Soilwork is a huge exception. Because I liked them before they were moderatley big. Same with In Flames. Acid Bath, I also listen to, though only a few of their songs... Because they start growling in alot of 'em.

Well glad I got some decent replies. I wonder if it'll continue this way.
    "Don't sit behind a computer in bum f_uck Egypt and talk s_hit." Jon Schaffer, Iced Earth.

fattytrav51 said:

**** yeah man, haha lets keep the good replies coming. I know what you're talkin about with the whole you look like you'd listen to different music. I'm a big *** basketball player so everyone thinks I listen to rap/RnB, but I'm really a rock/metal fan. This has led to many funny incidents that i will not cite here. I just get a laugh everytime when someone that doesn't know me says that i think im sooo "gangsta" behind my back cuz i don't dress or talk anything like a typical "gangsta" would. I will give you that some screamo type bands have some good instrumentals including some bad *** guitar riffs, in fact a lot of my favorite music has the same kind of sound, but there's just something about the screaming thing that puts me off. I can take a little bit in the middle of a really hardcore song but if thats all the vocals are then I just stop listening.
    Last edited by fattytrav51; 09-20-2006 at 08:57 PM.
  6. pudin said:

As for me, people never guess right what music i listen to .dragonforce is one of my favorite speed metal bands too, i love that song.. above the winter moonlight. i also hate people that start mutternig their favorite songs all the time, specially when they don't know the lyrics and just go "lalala" or something. it's not like screamo is my favoritemusic genre but i do like it a lot, it's better when the singer screams some of the lyrics and then just sing the rest of it though. Sometimes it's impossible understanding the lyrics, and it sucks, but if it's a good song i'll listen to it anyways, it actually happens a lot of times cause some of my favorite bands sing in foreign languages, but i don't care if i can't understand the lyrics, if the instrumental part,tune,rythm and everything else is great, i'll keep on listening.