Help!!?

Thread: Help!!?

Tags: None
  1. Cjshaw384 said:

Default Help!!?

Ok, sorry to be REALLLY awkward, but i am just so frustrated, i want to find a song but i don't know the name of the "band" or the song itself and better yet, the song has no lyrics! I would be incredibly grateful to anyone who could help me find this song and i will do my best to try and describe it to you!

Firstly it seems to me like a native african song, or in that style but it has to have digitally mixed or produced in a recording studio.

The song is very famous, i think it has been in a film but i'm not certain, it has definitely been used on some tv programmes because that is where i heard it for the second time.

I'm pretty certain i heard it on a chillout album of some sort so it is, well, like a chill-out song, it is quite uplifting and meloncholy if that is the right word and/or spelling.

I really wish i could give more info, but there is nothing much i can think of, the lyrics as far as i can type went something like this: "Ooohhh ah why-oooh oooooh why-i oooohh why-i oh" etc. so now you see my predicament.

It reminds me slightly of Ladysmith Black Mambazo although i'm almost certain it is not them, it is just the same sounding vocals which led me to think it is an native-african style song but modernised, the song is much more flowing and relaxing then Mambazo's stuff too, but it is quite similar sounding vocal wise.

Please help as much as you can, i would be eternally grateful if you could! (sorry for the long-winded and not too specific post)
    Last edited by Cjshaw384; 09-26-2006 at 03:39 PM.

Lunarcadia said:

"The Child Inside" - Qkumba Zoo
    http://www.lunarcadia.com/

3. Cjshaw384 said:

Unhappy

Many thanks Lunarcadia for replying, i have listened to the song you suggested, but unfortunately it is not the right one, although the chorus has very similar "lyrics", the song i am looking for is less up-beat; more like a slow chillout song, more in the same vein as "Sweet Lullaby" by Deep Forest and other chillout tracks that have taken samples / inspiration from other culture's music.

Thanks very much anyway Lunarcadia!

Lunarcadia said:

How about this one?
    Adiemus - Adiemus

Damn, I was almost certain I had it with the initial suggestion by the sounds you typed lol
    http://www.lunarcadia.com/

5. Cjshaw384 said:

Wink

damn, so close, thanks for the suggestion, it is not the song i wanted above^^ but as it turns out i have been looking for this one too for quite a while now!! so thanks!

This song is like the style of the song i am looking for. Where i said it sounds african, i have thought about it, and i think is sounds more australian / aboriginal to be honest, although i can't explain why i think that (there are no didgeridoos )

Thanks again for helping, i think that last song was much closer.
    Last edited by Cjshaw384; 09-27-2006 at 11:51 AM.

jetstew said:

Sting's "Desert Rose"?