Danish into English please

Thread: Danish into English please

Tags: None

Katina said:

Default Danish into English please

Hi
    Would somebody kindly translate the video from 0:20 - 1:45 into English?
    Thanks very much.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2_cIf4Y7LM

nourxnour said:

I know you kinda asked for this ages ago, but in case you were still interested, here goes:

Key:
    ... means something has been said but I didn't understand it.

(The artist speaks quite quickly and one of the interviewers voice kinda fades away later on in the video and I can't hear it, but I think I've managed to get the important parts)

Interviewer: How are your nerves? ...

Emmelie: Well I'm good, I'm not nervous now. But you know, of course I get (nervous) before I get on stage, but you know I try to take it easy. It doesn't help either to go completely crazy/panic. Haha. So, but it's good to be nervous you know. So ... but in a good way.

Interviewer: There are so many that sit and trample on the floor when they hear your songs ... and you can hear them do that. Why do you think your songs are so ... (I assume she means successful but I didn't actually catch the exact term she used)

Emmelie: Well first of all it's got a good melody and the chorus is something which people can sing along to. And that's important ... that it's a song you can sing along to. And, yeah, I think that's it. Of course, there is also a good message ... at least that's what I think. The chorus.

Interviewer: ...

Emmelie: Ehh, yes I want to. And I also believe that everyone who's here would want to win and so do I. I really hope I would win and I also know that if I don't win I would be disappointed. I mean, that's what you get (you get disappointed she means) and I'd lie if I told you I wouldn't get disappointed. But I'd quickly move on, I know this about me. But yeah, I'm here to win. Haha

Interviewer: Have you thought about after the competition in relation to your career ... Eurovision...

Emmelie: Ehm, I don't really know, I must take things as they come. You know now my magazine issue just came out ... for the autumn which we have spoken a little about. And I know, no matter how things turn out, I am going to/holding a festival over the summer in Denmark... And I am aiming that it will work out. And yeah, I think it will work out.
    “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see”
    Mark Twain