please help me identify this hip hop track from around 1990! its killing me!

Thread: please help me identify this hip hop track from around 1990! its killing me!

Tags: None
  1. beetseeker said:

Smile please help me identify this hip hop track from around 1990! its killing me!

hi all,
    im looking for this hip hop track from 1990 ish, i only need to find this track to complete and remix a mixtape i lost in around 1993, i have never been able to forget it and i have managed to identify every track from it apart from one!

ok here goes, i only have a tiny bit from it!

the last line of one of the raps leading into the chorus sort of goes like this.........................................

brothers working 9 - 5......"IN THE JAILHOUSE.............YOU KNOW WE DO WHATEVER WE DO TO SURVIVE"

all i can tell you is that the track if i remember rightly has 3 different rappers rapping a verse each and the chorus is the same with the famous sample "you know we do whatever we do to survive" scratched a few times.

somebody somewhere knows this track. please help me before i go crazy trying to find it.

if you like your old school hip hop, ie. BDK, CHUBBROCK, GRANDADDY IU, 3XDOPE. i will cut you a copy of the remix if you manage to ID it!

BEETSEEKER@AOL.COM
    Last edited by beetseeker; 09-27-2006 at 06:15 PM.

Lunarcadia said:

I'm pretty sure it's track 10 "Curb Servin' " off of WC and the Maad Circle
    1991 album also entitled "Curb Servin' "
    http://www.lunarcadia.com/

3. beetseeker said:

hi there,
    i so hope your right, im searching for it rapidly on soulseek right now!
    let you know soon,

thanks,

Lunarcadia said:

I downloaded it on Soulseek also and now am no so sure. I know it had to be WC and the Maad Circle but i realized that 'curb servin' was released in 1995 and not 1991.

You said you lost it in '93, so the only album it could have been from is 'Ain't a Damn Thing Changed' which was the one that came out in '91

I just don't know which track it is, lol
    http://www.lunarcadia.com/

5. beetseeker said:

no its not that tune, nor is it in a twist either!
    to me it doesnt sound like maad circle, its a bit smoother than that,
    not as hardcore, but awesome all the same!

its tearring me up now. i cant stop checking this site for responses!

thanks anyway
    Last edited by beetseeker; 09-27-2006 at 08:04 PM.