Been looking for this song for years

Thread: Been looking for this song for years

Tags: None
  1. Colby Evans said:

Default Been looking for this song for years

Hello everyone, I was at a swim meet, and heard this song which just sounded amazing, and I have heard it in the past before. It's almost like I can't live without it. I searched for 2 hours on a day, and ended up just falling asleep.

I have no idea who the song is by, but it must be semi-mainstream considering it was on a radio/playlist, and I have heard it before.

Basically the song starts off with soft, mellow singing, and then in kind of a robotic soft voice, someone says "electro (something)" and then it goes into the chorus which isn't singing, it just kind of sounds like "DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAA" then it goes again "electro (something)" then into "DA DA DA DA DAAAA" "electro (something)", then into soft singing again.

If anyone can find this song for me, I would appreciate it sooooo much, as it has been bothering me for countless hours.

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Colby Evans; 06-06-2013 at 05:48 PM.

2. Colby Evans said:

Bump!

3. Colby Evans said:

Bumpppp

atmaestro said:

Not a mellow sounding song but my wild guess is "Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

5. Colby Evans said:

Quote Originally Posted by atmaster View Post
    Not a mellow sounding song but my wild guess is "Electric Avenue" by Eddy Grant
    Thanks for trying, but the chorus of the song i'm thinking of is literally just "Electric something, DA DA DA DA DA DAAAA, electric something, DA DA DA DA DA DAAAA, electric something, DA DA DA DA DAAA, electric something, DA DA DA DA DAAAA, electric something" then back to the song.

Mixalopoulos said:

Hi, how many years ago did you first hear it, what genre of music would you class it as and is it sung by a male or female?
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.

7. Colby Evans said:

Quote Originally Posted by Mixalopoulos View Post
    Hi, how many years ago did you first hear it, what genre of music would you class it as and is it sung by a male or female?
    Hey, I heard it maybe 2 years ago, I would consider it pop, and it's sung by a male.

8. bugmenot1 said:

9. Colby Evans said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    Not really close at all, but thanks for trying!

10. jp12345 said:

I was thinking about Daft Punk - Technologic but that's probably not right. Does it sound something like Mono - Life in Mono ?

11. bugmenot1 said:

What about this song?

"Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc

12. Colby Evans said:

Quote Originally Posted by jp12345 View Post
    I was thinking about Daft Punk - Technologic but that's probably not right. Does it sound something like Mono - Life in Mono ?
    Not really, maybe the soft part (sounding like a male singing). The male singing at the beginning has a soft voice, then it's obvious when it breaks into the chorus because it literally goes like this. (Soft singing... then really intense "ELECTRO-SOMETHING", then WAY louder than the soft singing at the beginning it goes like "DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAA" "Electro-Something"

Thank you for trying though.

13. Colby Evans said:

What about this song?

"Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ugkg9RePc
    No, the song chorus starts by saying 1-2 words that's "Electro-something" Then it doesn't have ANY singing. It just says DA DA DA DA DA DAAAA "ELECTRO-SOMETHING"

I see where you're going with the "da ba dee da bee da" thing though.

Thanks for trying!

14. bugmenot1 said:

Okay, here's another long shot: "Electro Something" = "Respect Yourself"

"Respect Yourself" by The Staple Singers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pYKdqD1ls

cbwillallen25 said:

I will add into the guesses. It may not have exactly what you described, but what the hell.

Trio - Da Da Da http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNYcviXK4rg

16. Colby Evans said:

Okay, here's another long shot: "Electro Something" = "Respect Yourself"

"Respect Yourself" by The Staple Singers
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pYKdqD1ls
    No, but thank you for trying!

17. Colby Evans said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    I will add into the guesses. It may not have exactly what you described, but what the hell.

Trio - Da Da Da http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNYcviXK4rg
    Haha thanks for trying, but no.

I realize how vague I'm being, but I wish I could be more specific although the words the guy says in the song I'm thinking of are hard to hear, although it is fully english.

cbwillallen25 said:

No problem. You are doing your best and that is the main thing. By the way, you heard this song in the US right? Also the word after electro, do you recall how many syllables it contains?

19. BlueNileFan said:

Could it be some translated version of this :

Düki - Electro Shock

20. Colby Evans said:

Quote Originally Posted by cbwillallen25 View Post
    No problem. You are doing your best and that is the main thing. By the way, you heard this song in the US right? Also the word after electro, do you recall how many syllables it contains?
    I heard it in Canada, but I'm sure it's in the US too as it is english. It's 1 - 2 syllables, and I believe the word is "shock"