Tarkan - Firuze

Thread: Tarkan - Firuze

Tags: None

Pattmoreira said:

Default Tarkan - Firuze

[jaMZ4lyteH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaMZ4lyteH0&feature[/video]

Lyrics and English translation please

2. arduus said:

Firuze This is a female name and it is a color between light blue and green (turquoise)

Bir gün dönüp bakınca düşler If one day you turn back and notice
    İçmiş olursa yudum yudum yudum yıllarını That the dreams have devoured your years bite by bite
    Ağla, ağla Firuze ağla Cry, cry Firuze, cry
    Anlat bir zaman ne dayanılmaz güzellikte olduğunu Tell how irresistibly beautiful you once were

Kıskanır rengini baharda yeşiller The green color is jealous of you in spring
    Sevda büyüsü gibisin sen Firuze You are like a love charm, Firuze
    Sen nazlı bir çiçek, bir orman kuytusu You are a coy flower, a nook in the forest
    Üzüm buğusu gibisin sen Firuze You are like a drop of dew on the grapes, Firuze

Duru bir su gibi, bazen volkan gibi You are like a clear water, and sometimes like a volcano
    Bazen bir deli rüzgar gibi And sometimes like a crazy wind
    Gözlerinde telaş, yıllar sence yavaş There is haste in your eyes, you think the time is passing by slowly
    Acelen ne bekle Firuze What's your rush, wait (be patient) Firuze

Bir gün dönüp bakınca düşler If one day you turn back and notice
    İçmiş olursa yudum yudum yudum yıllarını That the dreams have devoured your years bite by bite
    Ağla, ağla Firuze ağla Cry, cry Firuze, cry
    Anlat bir zaman ne dayanılmaz güzellikte olduğunu Tell how irresistibly beautiful you once were

Acılı bir bakış yerleşirse eğer If a sorrowful look poses itself
    Kirpiğinin ucundan gözbebeğine Through your eyelashes into your pupils
    Herşeyin bedeli var, güzelliğinin de Everything has a price, even your beauty
    Bir gün gelir ödenir, öde Firuze You have to pay when the time comes, pay Firuze

I see that you are from Portugal, unfortunately I can't speak Portuguese but I can speak Spanish and would like to add a Spanish translation, since both languages are quite similar

Spanish Version

Si algún día miras atrás y te das cuenta
    De que los sueños te han devorado los años hasta el último trozo
    Llora, llora Firuze, llora
    Cuenta, cómo irresistiblemente bella fuiste tú alguna vez

El color verde te tiene envidia en primavera
    Eres como un encanto de amor, Firuze
    Eres una flor tímida, un escondite en mitad de un bosque
    Eres como una gota de rocío sobre las uvas, Firuze

Eres como un agua cristalina, a veces un volcán
    A veces como un viento feroz
    Se nota la prisa en tus ojos, crees que el tiempo pasa despacio
    Por qué vas tan deprisa? Espera, Firuze

Si una mirada llena de dolor se instala
    Desde tus pestañas hasta tus pupilas
    Todo tiene un precio, incluso tu belleza
    Algún día tendrás que pagar, págalo Firuze

PS: I also would like to recommend you to listen the original version of the song from Sezen Aksu.
    Last edited by arduus; 06-25-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    Hiç yara almadan aynadan geçemezsin... (I can provide translations in English, German, Spanish upon request, just add my name in your post and the language you want)

Pattmoreira said:

Thank you very much arduus! I will

larosa said:

this song is originally sezen aksu's song,but tarkan sings it well too
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me

5. Yasmeena Bellydance said:

Great job on the translation, but I am still unclear on the general meaning of the song. I am usually very good with interpreting the poetic meaning, but this one has me wondering. Any ideas?

marmaris said:

Quote Originally Posted by Yasmeena Bellydance View Post
    Great job on the translation, but I am still unclear on the general meaning of the song. I am usually very good with interpreting the poetic meaning, but this one has me wondering. Any ideas?
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/tu...su-firuze.html
    this is another translation which may help you to understand. but generally i may say firuze was very beautiful women,you can also see describtion about her beauty in song,but time takes beauty from everyone sooner or later,its kinda debt we have to pay,and now its your time,pay it firuze,and end of song,it is said to wait to firuze,i guess it means death.

7. Yasmeena Bellydance said:

Quote Originally Posted by marmaris View Post
    http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/tu...su-firuze.html
    this is another translation which may help you to understand. but generally i may say firuze was very beautiful women,you can also see describtion about her beauty in song,but time takes beauty from everyone sooner or later,its kinda debt we have to pay,and now its your time,pay it firuze,and end of song,it is said to wait to firuze,i guess it means death.
    OMG, Marmaris. This was an amazing gift you gave me. so emotional this song - the second translation def helped me to understand the meaning. So profound and deep. THANK YOU!

8. arduus said:

I am spending half an hour and maybe more time on the forums every day to achieve good and easy to understand translations, just to help people here and without waiting something in return, but it seems my efforts are in vain, I take offence at the last two posts... Well it seems it is time to take a break and leave some of the translations to others...
    Hiç yara almadan aynadan geçemezsin... (I can provide translations in English, German, Spanish upon request, just add my name in your post and the language you want)

larosa said:

Quote Originally Posted by arduus View Post
    I am spending half an hour and maybe more time on the forums every day to achieve good and easy to understand translations, just to help people here and without waiting something in return, but it seems my efforts are in vain, I take offence at the last two posts... Well it seems it is time to take a break and leave some of the translations to others...
    Dear arduus,I have been there too,I assure you I was offended more than once,I left the forum two or three times,but I come back,you know why,because I know that if there is 3 or 4 people who don't appreciate what you're doing,make sure that there are thousands who smile everytime they read your translation cause simply it is exellent and these people are grateful and I am one of these 10000 people
    so don't leave us we need you
    Last edited by larosa; 08-16-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    life is Super good
    (this is bull ****)
    if you seek arabic translation,PM me

elturco said:

Arduus, çok iyi ki burada varsın! Bir mücevhersin!

Tercümelerin için - çok teşekkürler!
    Türkiye’de her yerde güzellik, yakışıklılık ve lezzetlik var!

11. arduus said:

Çok teşekkür ederim, elturco

12. Mariana Ramakrishna said:

The Spanish translation is awesome!!!! Do not take any offenses because you do not deserve them. Take what it is useful for you and leave out the rest.

13. arduus said:

Thank you very much, Mariana, I appreciate your kind words!

marmaris said:

ardduus i didnt mean to offend you,if you thought so,i am really sorry.you did a good job and i really appreciate it.i just want them understand better,its nothing about your translation,i didnt have intention as you thought

15. Yasmeena Bellydance said:

Yes, both translations were meaningful and necessary. Thank you to Arduus and Marmaris.

muge said:

I think it's amazing, everybody translates the song with minor differences and I really like it. Because this way I can see what people understand from the song. The general incompatibility is about the words "üzüm buğusu". One translation said "the dew on the grapes", the other one said "the bloom of a grape". I say it's "a grape's mist." You know, grapes have this thin white layer at the shell and no matter for how long you wash it, it doesn't go away. And when you touch that white layer with your tongue, your tongue gets a sort of sour, somewhat astringent feeling and that white layer actually makes the taste of a grape different than any sugary water. I think the lyricist (Aysel Gürel, R.I.P.) chose this word because in my opinion she wanted to imply that Firuze was not just only a beautiful woman, she really was something special, a unique beauty when she was younger.

I know most people care about getting the general meaning of the song, but when it comes to Aysel, I want everybody to fully understand every single word she wrote. Because she was an extraordinary person.

I translated this song for a friend of mine and I don't see any reason not to share it here. No offence.

Bir gün dönüp bakınca düşler içmiş olursa yudum yudum yıllarını – If one day you ever realise that your dreams have drunk your years, sip by sip
    Ağla, ağla Firuze, ağla – Cry, cry Firuze, cry
    Anlat bir zaman ne dayanılmaz güzellikte olduğunu – Tell about how irresistably beautiful you once were

Kıskanır rengini baharda yeşiller – Plants are jealous of your colour in the springtime
    Sevda büyüsü gibisin sen Firuze – You are like a love-charm, Firuze
    Sen nazlı bir çiçek, bir orman kuytusu – You; a fragile flower, a forest cranny
    Üzüm buğusu gibisin sen Firuze – You are like a grape's mist, Firuze

Duru bir su gibi, bazen volkan gibi, bazen bir deli rüzgar gibi... - You; like a clear water, sometimes like a volcano, sometimes like a strong wind
    Gözlerinde telaş, yıllar sence yavaş – You have hurry in your eyes, you think years pass slowly
    Acelen ne? Bekle, Firuze – What's the rush? Wait, Firuze

Acılı bir bakış yerleşirse eğer – If a sad look ever settles itself in your eyes
    Kirpiğinin ucundan gözbebeğine – From the tip of your eyelashes till your pupils
    Her şeyin bedeli var; güzelliğinin de – Everything has a price, so has your beauty
    Bir gün gelir ödenir, öde, Firuze – One day you have to pay for it. Pay for it, Firuze

(That sorrow in her eyes, her unhappiness, her yearning for the past times all together are the price of her beauty.)
    Last edited by muge; 10-21-2013 at 05:03 AM.
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...