Thank You

Thread: Thank You

Tags: None

Frankie Jasmine said:

Quote Originally Posted by jessie zuppo View Post
    Frankie,
    This is my first time reading this!! Thank you SO MUCH for this inspiring critique! I hold your critiques in very high regard b/c you are so talented as a writer and so eloquent and positive in your critiques. I hope to be posting more soon...I need to FEEL it, it can't be forced..
    -jessie
    Agreed, Jessie. Poetry seems to need an inspiration for me also! And you are very welcome for the critique...

2. ElegantButler said:

I once thought I'd found Jesus in my local church. But all I had truly found were self-righteous fools. I looked for him the Bible, and found only words tainted by man's inability to truly comprehend Him. When I finally found Him it was in a movie. I am glad that you also found Him in time.

Doug Denslowe said:

If you're seeking god......look in the mirror.......

jessie zuppo said:

Doug,

I love this- BECAUSE YOU ARE RIGHT!! God has been within you this whole time- no one person in this planet can tell another how/when/where or who they have faith'in. For me, it is the cosmic flow of positive and vibrant energy that flows from one loving soul to another- to me, THAT is God.

For someone else, they may turn to the Bible, a local church, AA, whatever...however ANYONE chooses to pray/not pray, be agnostic/atheist; it simply does not matter to me.

Everyone is on their own journey and that is what this poem is essentially saying. It's a narrative on MY journey...yes, I'm a punk rocker, I listen to loud raging music and gangstah rap- BUT that bears nothing on my spirit.

I truly hope that this message has been conveyed through my poem. I do NOT PREACH to anyone, about anything- it's simply not my place...

Namaste my friends,

Jessie

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by ElegantButler View Post
    I once thought I'd found Jesus in my local church. But all I had truly found were self-righteous fools. I looked for him the Bible, and found only words tainted by man's inability to truly comprehend Him. When I finally found Him it was in a movie. I am glad that you also found Him in time.
    Yes, thank you! I am very happy that you've had a spiritual epiphany as well! Ever since the day ( 7 years ago) that I let down my guard and allowed not only people but my higher power into my life, I'm a changed person...it's really about accountability, honesty, humility and a drive to not only better yourself, but better the people's lives around you.

Today, I can say if any real friend were strapped and needed a loan- I wouldn't even blink to do that for them. My biggest role in life (aside from being a kickass mom) is to GIVE back to a community that I TOOK from--this is my redemption and I do it through the loving grace of my god.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Doug Denslowe said:

I always return to this thread to see what Comments have been written.Today I came back to Read it!I usually only reread my own threads,but this poem,to me,is special.For one,I know the writer.Two it's has a style that's all it's own.The rhymes are there and not always in the "expected" place.What I'm trying to say is,I come here to learn how to write a poem!I love it's unusual style and the message is both personal and heartfelt.I'm sorry it was already on top,I'd love to bump it,but I had to write my thoughts today!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Denslowe View Post
    I always return to this thread to see what Comments have been written.Today I came back to Read it!I usually only reread my own threads,but this poem,to me,is special.For one,I know the writer.Two it's has a style that's all it's own.The rhymes are there and not always in the "expected" place.What I'm trying to say is,I come here to learn how to write a poem!I love it's unusual style and the message is both personal and heartfelt.I'm sorry it was already on top,I'd love to bump it,but I had to write my thoughts today!
    Doug,

From the bottom of my heart- THANK YOU. On a personal note, you were part of the journey that led me to embrace a Higher Power. On a professional note- what a stellar compliment. I know you tell the truth no matter what, so I genuinely feel a warmth within myself reading your words. We have been to hell and back sweetie and here we are- friends, poets, songwriters, human beings...let's keep kicking ***!!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by curiosity_kills_the_cat View Post
    Enjoying all these... the words, the lines, the food(or thoughts & talk of it) , of course all carried on the" Tray of Honesty".
    Thank you so much for this comment...I just now saw it! I love the poetry that you made by culminating others' comments!! Superb!

BackInBlack said:

Very good. I can relate. I too at one time had a glass **** jones... if ya catch my meaning. Awesome writing here. You should post more! Lots more!

jessie zuppo said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    Very good. I can relate. I too at one time had a glass **** jones... if ya catch my meaning. Awesome writing here. You should post more! Lots more!
    Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. I, too, am very busy. It means that much more to me. Yes, I def. catch your drift...from one addict to another- I feel your struggle, pain, and I wish and hope you nothing but happiness! Namaste! (love the profile pic!) Oh, if you want to write a 'bad' word..write it like this- f*ck..or the site will just do this ***** / I'd like to check out some of your work and will do this week!

BackInBlack said:

That's cool. Whenever. I'll be here. Yeah, I tried to write bad words like that, and a mod got onto me.

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by BackInBlack View Post
    That's cool. Whenever. I'll be here. Yeah, I tried to write bad words like that, and a mod got onto me.
    The children,the children............cover their eyes and their ears.For they will not see or hear,for many more years.
    DD

jessie zuppo said:

The children,the children............cover their eyes and their ears.For they will not see or hear,for many more years.
    DD

it all's about the kids...god, how I f^^^ing hate that expression...I adore kids...just not grown ups that much!

Doug Denslowe said:

it all's about the kids...god, how I f^^^ing hate that expression...I adore kids...just not grown ups that much!
    Didn't you have that posted on your Facebook Wall "It's all about the kids"?!?!

jessie zuppo said:

Yes!! In complete jest, though! Does that really sound like something I would say?? I mean, I love kids...but some expressions are so abused, it's just corny as hell to repeat them! So, essentially, I was being a CORNBALL!! LOL!

jessie zuppo said:

Yes!! In complete jest, though! Does that really sound like something I would say?? I mean, I love kids...but some expressions are so abused, it's just corny as hell to repeat them! So, essentially, I was being a CORNBALL!! LOL!

Oh, also, lol, this is my new thing...when Sky starts talking about what he wants to be when he grows up, etc..I tell him, "The Sky's the limit!" Lol!!

amaryn said:

I'd rather have a "Tray of Donuts"!!!!!
    Good Ol' Dougy that is, puts a smile on me face

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Good Ol' Dougy that is, puts a smile on me face
    That's what I'm here to do!

jessie zuppo said:

That's what I'm here to do!
    The comic in you comes out in your writing..I think it's genius!! You have a very campy type of humor that not many people have...so to bring something like that into your work- it's new, it's different- that's how you are able to stick out in the pack...

Doug Denslowe said:

The comic in you comes out in your writing..I think it's genius!! You have a very campy type of humor that not many people have...so to bring something like that into your work- it's new, it's different- that's how you are able to stick out in the pack...
    Since I can no longer "Like" this........I'll just say "Thank You!"