French Fry Cool

Thread: French Fry Cool

Tags: doug denslowe song
  1. Peter Both said:

Doug, this song has grown on me. I guess the big pond was too much of a barrier for me to completely appreciate the song. Now I completely get the point and I love the song big time! I was a bit puzzled by the use of the word 'gay'. I thought that maybe you used the word 'gay' in the old-fashioned sense, like Diana Ross singing 'Why do birds sing so gay'. I don't need an integration course anymore if I want to move to California! Eating my Taco Delight while watching Project Runway.

amaryn said:

Hi Doug! Great to see you are faithful to your completely own style of writing, which is "straight to the point with witty remarks". Excellent!

My favourite lines: "I used to be shallow,
    which isn't a sin
    I love this woman
    from within "

Expecting we carry on from here on again, Doug. I made a break here and was mostly on Twitter, if at all.
    Some great writers there too!

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Hi Doug! Great to see you are faithful to your completely own style of writing, which is "straight to the point with witty remarks". Excellent!

My favourite lines: "I used to be shallow,
    which isn't a sin
    I love this woman
    from within "

Expecting we carry on from here on again, Doug. I made a break here and was mostly on Twitter, if at all.
    Some great writers there too!
    Thanks Amaryn.I'm flattered that you have chosen a verse as your favorite!I've had three different people like three different verses as their favorite.That's must mean this appeals to people in different ways.At least a variety of verses!

amaryn said:

There is no way, Jessie, in which Doug's witty observations, now rather happy as well , could be infested by illtempered or un-amused
    human beings ready to spoil it all.
    If people would give negative opinions about Doug's writing, I don't have the feeling he would have sleepless nights because of it.
    Doug is Doug: steady as a rock, rading a lot of other peoples'poetry and songs, but faithfull to his own style.
    Keep it that way, Doug: that's who you are!

Doug Denslowe said:

Amaryn,I'm glad you know me so well,even though it's through my writing.I couldn't have said it better!Thanks!

6. Tomatomic said:

cheers for directing me here dude and i am not disappointed. this strikes me as a bluesy sort of country jazzish piece and to me that seems rather awesome and daring. as always you are consistent with a good solid rhyme scheme(thumbs up) and the phonics came together so well i found myself muttering this in the shower. i liked the story explaining how you came up with the concept and once again you have a fine, individual work of art!!!!!!

7. lhunny said:

Could you please put a name to ms French fry?

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatomic View Post
    cheers for directing me here dude and i am not disappointed. this strikes me as a bluesy sort of country jazzish piece and to me that seems rather awesome and daring. as always you are consistent with a good solid rhyme scheme(thumbs up) and the phonics came together so well i found myself muttering this in the shower. i liked the story explaining how you came up with the concept and once again you have a fine, individual work of art!!!!!!
    First let me thank you for taking the time to both read and comment on my latest song.You're the second person to tell me they were singing/muttering one of my songs,I'm flattered!(The other being MrGore on Pumpkinhead thread)

Doug Denslowe said:

Quote Originally Posted by lhunny View Post
    Could you please put a name to ms French fry?
    I did.....in the dedication!